Mazdaspeed 6 gas Mileage

I know there is one for the plain 6 but I wanted a thread for the Ms6 to avoid getting the plain 6 answers.

So, what are you getting out of a tank? If you are Canadian say so. Highway, around town? etc. What about winter?

Newf said:
I know there is one for the plain 6 but I wanted a thread for the Ms6 to avoid getting the plain 6 answers.

So, what are you getting out of a tank? If you are Canadian say so. Highway, around town? etc. What about winter?

I get around 340 to a tank. Which is about 24 mpg ( we have 14.5 gallon tanks ). 90% of my driving is highway.

that's not horrific.. about what I expected from that car though.

I parked next to one at the supermarket the other day. I was having turbo envy.

I get about 420-430 km/tank city driving. This is the mileage that I see most often since much of my driving is to and from work. However, on the highway I get over 600 km/tank and that is with an average speed of 140km/h and the A/C on. A tank of gas lasts me about the same duration of time that it did in the MSP...it is just that the MS6 tank holds an extra 10L LOL!

R

Last edited:
Just filled up the tank...it was a little less than half full. I put 35L and I got approx. 330KM out of it, so that works out to about 10.6L/100KM. This is mixed city/highway. Pretty decent for a car with 274hp and AWD!

just got back from taking my newly broken in car to Montana and back (1,200 miles each way) and highway mileage at speeds of around 80mph with A/C on was 25-26mpg. up and downhill mixed.

I got from Reno to home (250 miles) in a half a tank on the way back, but it's mostly downhill.

my first tank was not so good. 460kms total. The first 300km was all highway, and since I was watching for moose and what not, I was typical around 100kph or even at 70 at times. What scares me is how fast it went around town. Once it passed the half tank mark I could watch the needle move as I drove. This car is kind of at the top of my budget as it is, if gas becomes an issue I'll be looking for someone to take over my lease. I'd hate to do that as I love the car dearly otherwise. I'm just afraid of what it'll cost in the winter to operate.

Newf said:
my first tank was not so good. 460kms total. The first 300km was all highway, and since I was watching for moose and what not, I was typical around 100kph or even at 70 at times. What scares me is how fast it went around town. Once it passed the half tank mark I could watch the needle move as I drove. This car is kind of at the top of my budget as it is, if gas becomes an issue I'll be looking for someone to take over my lease. I'd hate to do that as I love the car dearly otherwise. I'm just afraid of what it'll cost in the winter to operate.

The mileage was pretty bad before it was broken in, especially normal city driving. After break-in, it was much better. The second half of the tank always disappears quicker than the first half, but after break-in it won't drop fast enough to be "visible" when driving...LOL!

I had the same fears when I first picked it up, but now I am no longer concerned as things have improved quite a bit.

R

i use 93 and if i dont gun it everywhere i get well over 300mi on a tank but usually 290/280 cuz i have a lead foot

Newf said:

You have to remember that this car weighs signifigantly more than the Protege and has AWD so the gas mileage will not be as good as you are used to. 460 kms is not that bad really, considering it's not broken in.

435kms on 2nd tank before light came on. All in town driving, and grandma shifting as well. A/C might have been on for a total of 15 mins tops.

Newf said:
435kms on 2nd tank before light came on. All in town driving, and grandma shifting as well. A/C might have been on for a total of 15 mins tops.

That's about what I'm getting as well.

Although today I did a 520km highway trip and still have 1/4 tank left.

Over here in CA we have 91 octane, and I average 15 for 80% local and 20% freeway, but the car only has 500 miles on it, when I take it to vegas, it got 22-24 for freeway, the car will get better and better gas mileage as it breaks in, it will average around 21-23 mixed after break it.

my last tank, 440kms, mix of highway/city a/c on most of the time lately. I never actually seen the gas light, but it was definitely about to come on so I filled up anyways since I was next to a gas station

tank before that was 400kms, all city. A/C on all the time.

My last tank was 335 miles and then light was on. MPG was 25.4 for that tank. 93 Octane from Holiday gas station.

noticed today, again 430kms, but gas light was not on yet, just about I figured. First 100 were highway, ac on for at least 300of them.

Anyways, when I fill up, it only takes about 50-55 liters. Isn't this a 65 or 68L tank? If so that light comes on EARLY. My MSP did as well but now that early.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons the mileage jumps during break-in is that most dealers give you 87 for your 1st free tank.

Back