GT AWD CX-7 Lease Payments

Has anyone priced out the GT AWD CX-7 (w/tech) on a lease ($32,550 is what it totaled)? If so, did anyone happen to run a price on a 36 month, 15k miles/year? While I understand this has to be a mistake, but a local dealer quoted me $900 down and $681/month for the lease based on the above specs.

Sh*t....i was only paying $492 on a Lexus RX300 with $2k down and 15k miles/year! And that was based on $40k sticker price.

I told him it must be a mistake, but his manager gave him that number and verified it. Am I crazy, or are they just trying to cheat people because of the limited nature of the Cx7?...i mean....geez, it's just a mazda.

Also, did anyone notice that the lease deal on the Mazda corporate site went from $299/month for a sport to $360/month? I pulled this from Edmunds (because the original lease information was taken off the Mazdausa.com site):

>>>>>>>>>
Leasing
There may be other leases available. Contact a local dealer for more information.

Start: 03/14/2006
End: 06/30/2006

$299 Monthly Payment
36 Month Term
NA Down Payment
NA Security Deposit
10500 Annual Mileage

Restrictions Lease is based on the 2007 CX-7 Sport FWD.
Comments $3,598 is due at signing. Incentives and total due at signing may vary based on residency; see your local dealer for details. Tax, tags and insurance are extra.
<<<<<<<<<

This was on the Mazda corporate site as of today (6/1):
>>>>>>>>>
2007 MAZDA CX-7 Sport FWD
$360/Month, 24-Month Lease, $3,330 due at Lease Signing. Includes 1st Month's Payment, Acquisition Fee and Security Deposit. Excludes taxes, title and fees. (**)

(*) The Amount due at Lease Signing is higher in the following states: Connecticut ($3,913); Massachusetts ($4,001); Rhode Island ($4,059); Virginia ($3,680); and West Virginia ($3,695).

This special introductory lease offer is available through the First Choice Buyers program. The Mazda CX-7 vehicles listed on the First Choice Buyers program inventory search includes vehicles that have been ordered by the dealer but may not yet be available at the dealership.

(**) Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through Mazda American Credit. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 24,000 at $0.15/mile. Total payments of $8,640. Purchase option at lease end for $16,288. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 5/31/06. See participating dealer for qualifications.
<<<<<<<<<<

Also note that new retail delivery from dealer stock by 5/31/06....hmmmm, only 2 dealers in the city of Pittsburgh even have them and they just got delivered today. what the hell is going on?:bs:

crazy.....

Last edited:
Usually a manufacturer will keep the lease rates of a new vehicle very high, this ensures good resale values later on. Audi did the same thing with their new A3. You could lease an S4 for cheaper than an A3. Also, luxury makers (Lexus and especially BMW) have much cheaper lease rates.

Not trying to stir crap up but why a lease? Other than if you don't like the vehicle you get out of it sooner.

thanks....

to answer your ? about leasing...just wanted to have a lower car payment than i already have. Paying about $509/month for my car....was looking to lower that by $50-$75/month.

Check this out...there is a special lease right now on the 2007 Lexus RX350 AWD. $439/month w/$3500 or so down. Retails for around $43k. AND....it's got a newer engine kicking out 270 Hp. I owned a RX300 in the past and it was a good car...minus the small gas tank in 2000. This new one looks like a winner....and it's a no brainer if Mazda wants to even consider charging ridiculous lease rates.

Mazda can't hold a candle to Lexus, in my opinion.

mr. roboto said:
to answer your ? about leasing...just wanted to have a lower car payment than i already have. Paying about $509/month for my car....was looking to lower that by $50-$75/month.

Check this out...there is a special lease right now on the 2007 Lexus RX350 AWD. $439/month w/$3500 or so down. Retails for around $43k. AND....it's got a newer engine kicking out 270 Hp. I owned a RX300 in the past and it was a good car...minus the small gas tank in 2000. This new one looks like a winner....and it's a no brainer if Mazda wants to even consider charging ridiculous lease rates.

Mazda can't hold a candle to Lexus, in my opinion.

Isnt that apples to oranges though? the Mazda is only a 900 down vs 3500 down... my guess is the residual of a lexus will also be much better.

Ljspeed said:
No way that is definitely a mistake. That is way too high! Maybe someone is confused at the dealership

I totally agree with you...i HAS to be a mistake...the funny thing is that i questioned the salesman & his manager on this...both said it was legit.

TheCXKid said:
Isnt that apples to oranges though? the Mazda is only a 900 down vs 3500 down... my guess is the residual of a lexus will also be much better.

you're right....it's definitely apples to oranges from a cash down perspective...although even if i put down $3500 (incl first month + security, etc.) on the CX7...my guess is that it will STILL be more expensive than the lexus.

I just hope this dealership is a bunch of idiots....i LOVE the cx7:)

I would check with a different dealership since the CX7 if fairly new to them or any dealers, they are probably clueless there at that one! I have purchased and leased many and those numbers are rediculous.

Back