fly wheel????

i just called mazda with that part number , and the guy said that the speed 6 already have that on the car. it is for the regular 6 only(enguard)

Last edited:
they said the same thing to me when i saw the short shifter on the website. i said i wanted that installed on the ms6, first he said "okay no problem".. then came back and said "oh that's for the mazda6, the ms6 already has a short shifter." i dont kno how troo that is since the throw doesnt really feel like a short shifter throw. they even had me try out a standard mazda6 to compare it with the ms6, and even then i told them its the same throw distance. their great response was "trust me (the sales guy), they have a short shifter installed already." they just lucky i really wanted the ms6 and was planning on buying it either way. am i right to say there's no short shifter on a stock ms6 sprt/gt?

Sounds like they are full of Crap.
It clearly says on the top of that link page, Mazda6 and Mazdaspeed 6.
Another reason why I want to get the Workshop manual, so I can see part numbers and know if they are telling the truth or not.

The mazdaspeed does come with a short shifter, and there is a noticable diff between that and a reg 6. As for if you can make the shifter even shorter, no doubt. Just no after market short shifters made for it yet.

we are offering parts for the 2.3 liter engine and will have flywheels very soon. clutches should be on hand ready to go.

Back