Cargo net.

gemino

:
Mazda5 GT
When I pick up my car, dealer only installed the cargo cover for me but not the cargo net. I was trying to install it today, but seems can't find any hook for em.... Any idea guys?

(ughdance)

assuming it's similar to the protege5, the hooks are probably underneath the floor.. the floor part lifts up and you'll see 4 hooks, basically 1 in each corner.. each hook threads through a pre-cut slit in the floor..

let me know if you can't find them and i'll try to get pics..

In this picture from the mazda site you can actually see the hook points on the backs of the third row seats.

06_Mazda5_CargoNetUp.jpg

The net has to be folded and snapped to use it upright like this. I have also unfolded it and laid it over top of stuff with the seats folded down to keep stuff from sliding around.

I actually don't use mine that often. I thought I would. I wish there was a way to leave it hooked upright with the seats down but I haven't figured out a way. That way I could use it for smaller stuff while all the bigger sports equipment took up the rest of the space.

ladygrey said:
In this picture from the mazda site you can actually see the hook points on the backs of the third row seats.

06_Mazda5_CargoNetUp.jpg

The net has to be folded and snapped to use it upright like this. I have also unfolded it and laid it over top of stuff with the seats folded down to keep stuff from sliding around.

I actually don't use mine that often. I thought I would. I wish there was a way to leave it hooked upright with the seats down but I haven't figured out a way. That way I could use it for smaller stuff while all the bigger sports equipment took up the rest of the space.
lady

I bet you can support the net with the addition of some cargo tie downs at the location where the "Cargo Cover" ties at the back near the door. I agree it is more funtional with seats down and still stay virtical in nature

The cargo net works pretty good to keep your groceries from rolling around with the 3rd row down. But the hooks are cheap and the little tabs that are supposed to make them not hook on the net just laying there, actually make them hold onto them worse than if they just weren't there at all. Mine is ALWAYS in a horrible tangle and it's frustrating to get sorted out.

2 hooks on the rear of the third row seats and the other hooks are at the rear corners of the rear by the lift panel to access the spare tire.

Zoom5Zoom said:
lady

I bet you can support the net with the addition of some cargo tie downs at the location where the "Cargo Cover" ties at the back near the door. I agree it is more funtional with seats down and still stay virtical in nature

You mean the grooves with a screw in them right inside the back opening? Those do look promising. Could I use that screw to mount something ya think? Is that screw used with the cargo cover mount or just the groove. I hate to start unscrewing things and end up with a rattle.

Lady

Got a million dollar idea.... wonder if we could feed the cargo net in a closed configuration down a "wooden dowel" and slide it in the Cargo cover support near rear door.

What ya think....

Zoom5Zoom said:
Lady

Got a million dollar idea.... wonder if we could feed the cargo net in a closed configuration down a "wooden dowel" and slide it in the Cargo cover support near rear door.

What ya think....

Hmmm, maybe. Now that I have my car back I can actually play with this a little. The only prob that comes to mind is that for the net to really be functional it has to be stretched out. If I were to run a dowel through I wonder what the best way to stretch the elastic out would be.

Back