New Canadian Member!

:
Mazda5
Hey folks,

Just joined the site, I am a proud owner of a Black 2006 Mazda5, auto,
GS model. Just waiting to do a few things to it such as 1) rear cargo cover
2) tinting and 3) a trailer hitch.
I also belong to the www.mpvclub.com which also has usefull info on it as well.
The trailer hitch will be used for a 4X8 utility trailer hauling bikes and coolers to go camping etc... so not too heavy ( my old Focus hauled it )
Anyways, nice site here and we'll talk to you's later.

Medicman

Welcome! I've been seeing more and more 5's on the road lately, and they're definitely slick.

Haven't come across a black one yet though, that must look really nice...

I like it ! But a real hard time keeping it clean ! I am going to get the window visors and some mudguards as well.... with the tinting it should look kewl.

welcome Medicman.... enjoy your new 5. Please bring anything to the forum that can help us all.

Congrats again eh (canada)

Medicman said:
Hey folks,

Just joined the site, I am a proud owner of a Black 2006 Mazda5, auto,
GS model. Just waiting to do a few things to it such as 1) rear cargo cover
2) tinting and 3) a trailer hitch.
I also belong to the www.mpvclub.com which also has usefull info on it as well.
The trailer hitch will be used for a 4X8 utility trailer hauling bikes and coolers to go camping etc... so not too heavy ( my old Focus hauled it )
Anyways, nice site here and we'll talk to you's later.

Medicman

Welcome Medicman!!

Beware of the hitch! Check your manual - it says 'do not tow with your Mazda'.

My service manager warned me that if it was wired for a trailer that it could void your warranty.

I know in BC the MV act says that all trailers must have brake lights/signals, check with the Ontario MV act to see what it says. You might get away with it in Ontario if you can see the lights on the car. Not so much here in BC.

I did however get a hitch installed - see the Trailer Hitch thread.

Hitch

You can get a Class I/II hitch installed on the '5', just not for towing.
I have a hitch that I use for my bike-rack...Nothing more.
I don't believe they make class III hitches for the '5'.
Not sure if you can tow a trailer with a class II or of you'd need a class III.
Anthony

Thanks for the welcomes and advice...
I had a custom Class II made for my focus pulling a 4x8 utlity trailer...
So I cannot see why I cannot pull one with the M5. ( more HP etc). It was suggested by a dealer to just pull of the trailer hitch if I had any tranny issues...before bringing it in..

The capacity of the engine to pull a trailer is very rarely a problem.
However, depending on the frame/floorboard and other built considerations, the 5 might not be able to pull anything.
Can the frame/hitch mounting points absorb the pulling and the braking energy? How about sideway forces the trailer exerts when braking in a curve? Can the frame suspension take it?.
For all those consideration, if the manufacturer prohibits pulling a trailer, they have a very good reason for soing so.
As an example, my Mercedes e320CDI with a very strong engine and tons of torque does not recommend any form of towing.

I to am a new Canadian member... Just waiting for delivery of my Indigo Blue (Blueish Purple) Mazda 5 GT. Dealer said today that it should be here in 7-10 days...

Looking forward to taking it out for a long drive to get more of a feel for it, as test drives only give you an impression of what the vehicle is like...

Dealer said there aren't any front mud guards available for the GT version due to the side skirts (ground effects extentions)... Does anyone know if this is true??? Once I get the unit, I'll take a closer look at it to see what I can do...

Hoping to be Zoom Zooming soon,

Fastmak :)

Fastmak said:
I to am a new Canadian member... Just waiting for delivery of my Indigo Blue (Blueish Purple) Mazda 5 GT. Dealer said today that it should be here in 7-10 days...

Looking forward to taking it out for a long drive to get more of a feel for it, as test drives only give you an impression of what the vehicle is like...

Dealer said there aren't any front mud guards available for the GT version due to the side skirts (ground effects extentions)... Does anyone know if this is true??? Once I get the unit, I'll take a closer look at it to see what I can do...

Hoping to be Zoom Zooming soon,

Welcome Fastmak!!

I have not seen front mud guards for the GT but from my experience they're really not needed - unless of course you plan on doing some serious off roading!!! lol

Delivery delays

Fastmak said:

Don't hold your breath on the 7-10 days. Ordered my RED GT April 24th and they said it was 2-3 weeks to get to Toronto from the dock in Vancouver. On May 18th it was on the train and would take 5-7 business days. Today would be day 7. Still waiting (pissed).

Got some song and dance about delivery delays that they can't control.

JT_Driver said:
Don't hold your breath on the 7-10 days. Ordered my RED GT April 24th and they said it was 2-3 weeks to get to Toronto from the dock in Vancouver. On May 18th it was on the train and would take 5-7 business days. Today would be day 7. Still waiting (pissed).

Got some song and dance about delivery delays that they can't control.

I feel your pain. There are 2 forces at work here.

1) more cars delivered to Vancouver than rail cars to transport them
2) allied, the mover is currently more concerned with Chapter 11 fillings than deliveries!

Pierre. still waiting for my 5 (silver GT MTX w acc)

Well, we'll have to wait and see on the timing of delivery... I'm hoping the dealer isn't BSing me... If it's late I will be trying to get something out of the dealer... Can alway try at least...

Going to cruise the Blue Mile in our new Blue Mazda 5 GT...

Go Oilers Go!!!

was98strat said:
I feel your pain. There are 2 forces at work here.
2) allied, the mover is currently more concerned with Chapter 11 fillings than deliveries!
QUOTE]
what who is allied and where do they do deliveries?

Fastmak said:
Well, we'll have to wait and see on the timing of delivery... I'm hoping the dealer isn't BSing me... If it's late I will be trying to get something out of the dealer... Can alway try at least...

Going to cruise the Blue Mile in our new Blue Mazda 5 GT...

Go Oilers Go!!!

Go for a roof rack, tinting, rear cargo net, rear cargo cover, and bumper guard!! Oh yeah - and extended warranty!!! You might get one of the above! Good Luck.

Back