My CX-7 test drive @ L.A. dealers

:
17 CX-9 GT FWD
Got a call from Norco Ca Mazda that their first CX-7 arrived 5/26 and was available for test drive. We went out today for a test drive of their CX-7 GT FWD. First off the car looks great in person. The one that they had was a Silver Metallic with the sand leather and GT seats. Rear seat legroom was much better than I expected. Seat materials and comfort were first rate but I'm not a real fan of the accent stripe. Door and dash materials had a great appearance but the plastics were on the hard side. Rear cup holders are in the fold down center armrest. Rear seats are easy to fold and the storage space weather the seats are up or down is plenty for our needs.

On the road is where this vehicle shines. Ride is firm but not jarring. The transmission shifts smoothly and with six speeds you always feel that it finds the right gear for the job. There is a noticable growl from the engine under hard acceleration, but at anythng below half throttle the engine is smooth and quiet. Brakes as previously reviewed are first rate with smooth short stops. Visability is good all around, but it is tough to guage were the front bumper is.

Dealer said that they should be recieving 3 more in later in the afternoon.
They were willing to take Sticker for this car which I thought was good for their first and only car. Looking forward to the arrival of our CX-7 which we preordered and is due in next week.(drive2)

That's not very far from here. I think I'll head down there and check them out in person. What color/model CX-7 did you pre-order?

How's the noise level on Hiway?

More specifically, the wind noise? my commute is at hiway speeds, and this is an annoyance as sometimes I like to turn the music off and just cruise, especially in the morning.

mirt said:
More specifically, the wind noise? my commute is at hiway speeds, and this is an annoyance as sometimes I like to turn the music off and just cruise, especially in the morning.
Wind noise on ours and the two others I drove is very low. Looks like the thicker windshield glass they upgraded to, in production models worked well. I
also think not having a roof rack is a plus in this regard, as well as having better appearance. Looks like they also added extra insulation in the wheel wells to reduce noise from the tires.

The car is waaay more than I expected it to be. I'm in love. We got an Icy Blue/Sand Leather into Gunther today. I drove it with a customer and am thoroughly impressed for it being an SUVish car.

Back