Fitting a DOUBLE DIN in a mazda 5

rdbmanj

Hey people....i'm new to the MAZDA word and just recently purchased my first ever MAZDA. I got the 2006 mazda 5 and need some help.

Doe's any one know where i can get a hold of a TRIM KIT (DASH KIT) whatever you call it for the MAZDA 5 so i can fit a aftermarket double din Aline cd/nav player in it?

Please please help as i've been looking for days.

Manj
(pissed) (pissed)

Double DIN

Hey thanks,

I've been reading up on these sites for a while now...looks like NO ONE can get that dash kit here in North America...i'm in Toronto you see.

I'll have to find someone out in Japan then...time to make some new freinds out there.

Manj

Seems like perhaps a problem with this would be that there are other features controlled (or at least displayed) by your factory radio... ie the climate control settings. I know when I swapped out the factory radio in my Sunfire I gave up the factory "headlights on" reminders. Almost got me into trouble w/ a dead battery once or twice. Not saying it can't be done, but you might have to consider giving up one or two 'goodies' attached to it.

According to the post, that kit came from Autobacs, right? I think someone said there is an Autobacs in Cali, right? Can they order it from Japan?

Back