Check Engine @ exactly 1000mi

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
This is some sh!t. Driving into work this morning and at exactly 1k miles the check engine light comes on. I know others are experiencing the same issue but its not like it was at random. Its almost as if they programmed the computers to throw the light at certain times so we have to take it to the shops.

uhhhh, i dunno what you are talkin about....my cel came on at like 6274 for a check valve...other than that, nothing....keep us posted on what the code was and everything

I just meant the lights are poppin on at early mileages for people. I had my 3s for a year and a half and never had an issue with it, granted it wasn't turbo. Anyhow I took it in last saturday and it ended up to be a faulty purge solenoid. Something to do with the emissions system. They couldn't get the part until today and claimed it was safe to drive so I will be getting it repaired on Friday. Im not sure if its a mind thing or what but it seems that there is a loss of power at certain points.

not all check engine lights are for the same thing. You could have simply forgotten to tighten the gas cap all the way down. So don't count your chickens yet!

he already took it in and got the code pulled...it is the one with a faulty solenoid...same one i had

The most common CEL problem with the mazda 4 cylinders is a P0456 gross evap leak code which is typically a purge valve failure. Minor problem, quick fix. Most dealers stock this part. It is a valve that allows fuel tank pressurization or de-pressuriztion. It will affect fuel economy if not corrected.
I have seen some other minor CEL concerns like P0300 codes which are random cylinder misfires. This is usually a loading up problem due to traffic driving or poor fuel quality.

Back