So Far Not Impressed....

Well, like the thread topic says, so far I'm not impressed. I bought my 5 in March and when I brought it home it semed fine. The first time I took it for a drive at night, I noticed that none of the instument panel ights worked and none of my tail lights worked. I brought it back tho the dealer and they had it for a month. They said it had something to do with the wiring. Got it back mid April and just this last weekend the check engine light came on. Again brought it to the dealer. They had to replace the fuel sensor or something along those terms. I really love the 5 but I am getting a little mad that I just hit 1000 miles and I've had to take it to the dealer twice to get it worked on. They said that if something goes wrong with it two more times that Mazda has to buy it back from me. At this point, I'm not sure if I want something to go wrong so I can get somrething else or what. Kind of frustrating. Anyways, now that I am off my soap box, I plan on tinting the windows in the near future before it gets too hot. Later.

No problems here. Almost 5500 miles since Feb 28. Don't waste any money on it if you think it'll just go back to Mazda.

I got the check engine light also, the dealer replaced a pump in the evaporative system and it is fine now. I have 11,000 miles in 5 months with no other problems. Hang in there, I am sure it will work out just fine.

No problems here knocking on wood. I love the 5, still get goosebumps when I walk up behind it in the parking lot. A blast to drive.

We have had a similar problem with the lights. Not all of them like you, but the instrument panel lights where the radio is located would flicker at first. We took it back a couple times, but because the problem was intermittent, they could not verify and lately it hasn't been doing it. Other than that, I am smitten with the car. It's good looking, fun to drive, delivers great mileage and recently it only took me two trips to bring home a 3 piece sectional sofa.(alright) Considering the price point, it's a hell of a deal.

Big deal... first year bugs, every car's got em. That's why you have a warranty. If you wanna REALLY talk about first year bugs, check out the 06 Civics, reports of bad rattling, wierd noises from the timing chain, engine knocking, rear windshields coming unglued and falling out, misaligned frames causing squirley highway tracking.

Let's just say I got scared away from them.

jandree22 said:
Big deal... first year bugs, every car's got em. That's why you have a warranty. If you wanna REALLY talk about first year bugs, check out the 06 Civics, reports of bad rattling, wierd noises from the timing chain, engine knocking, rear windshields coming unglued and falling out, misaligned frames causing squirley highway tracking.

That's why it was "Car of the Year"...:)

jandree22 said:

I dunno about you, but I'd take a rattle or two over my lights not working and random CELs popping up.

well, regardless of the Civic, my basic point is it's hard to find a brand new car that's flawless. I didn't mean to sound like your issues are insignificant, but rather just that I wouldn't worry that you bought a Lemon just yet.

Back