All 4 windows rolled down while away

duh FooL

Howdy all.

I went out to lunch with my gf and on when we got home, I noticed that all the windows on my MS6 were down. (using her car)

Of course I was upset since it was RAINING at the time (freak storm this weekend).
From the water level in the door handle, I don't think it was down that long, but has anyone have this happen with their car?

I'm going to call the dealer and let them know, but from what I read in the manual, there are no window controls on the alarm fob.

Oh, and I got my titanium speed6 in Jan. w/ the mp3 option.

-- d

It can happen when you hold down the unlock button for a few seconds. Maybe the unlock button was being pressed while it was in your pocket or something?

They just don't go down by themselves.

Is that feature in the manual? I don't remember seeing it when I was going over what the key fob can do.
I did have the fob in my pocked on the way out, as I though I might be driving to lunch.

The GT keyless system... has a feature, if you hold down the unlock (when car is locked) button for like 3-5 seconds... all windows roll down.

You can then hold the DOOR HANDLE lock button.. not the remote lock button.. for a few seconds to lock the vehicle.. and it will also roll the windows up as long as you are holding the button

o_O Try it and find out... Or read the manual. If you buy a honda... And you were raised in public schools... you probably understand everything there is to know about the car when you buy it.... As for new mazdas... and such... There seem to be little tricks and hidden "things" with the cars these days... that you usually have to read about before you notice them...

The non GT Speed6 apparetly doesn't come with the advanced keyless system... so i'd assume that only the very top model 6's come with anything similar.

Better off that way.... Aftermarket alarm's are cheaper.. and better than stock anyway. Shock sensors... remote window control is better... Hell I had to spend about 150 bucks extra just to get an shock sensor addition to my stock BS....

The 2006 Mazda 6's front 2 windows have an automatic roll down function as well. I have an '06 Mazda 6 S GS-5 (Grand Sport-5 door) and if you hold the unlock button on the key fob the front 2 windows will roll down and if u lock the door with the key and hold it they will then roll up automatically, but now on the Mazdaspeed all 4 windows roll down that's one of the differences between the two besides the added performance engine.

i have a speed 6 sport and when i hold the unlock key for like 4 seconds all the windows come down.

Back