blue smoke from my mazdaspeed 6???

MS6freek

:
MAZDASPEED 6 2006
hi , just noticed that i have some massive blue smoke coming out of my car. but not all the time. juste occasionally!!! what can it be???

blue smoke is usually oil entering the cylendar area and being burned with the fuel, take it to the dealer asap.

Whoa whoa how much blue smoke do you mean? "massive" sounds like a big problem and I wouldn't wanna drive the car.

p5freek said:
I will but i find it strange for a 2006 car brand new

actually if a ring didnt seat or seal is bad its not odd at all. did u beat on ur new car? ;)

its definately not supposed to happen but id report it right away and see if they want u to drive it or not.

Blue smoke looks cool. I saw some pouring out of a tercel the other day!

Take it to the dealer quick. Maybe a ring didn't settle in. Again, did you really get on the car since you got it.

terbow said:
actually if a ring didnt seat or seal is bad its not odd at all. did u beat on ur new car? ;)

its definately not supposed to happen but id report it right away and see if they want u to drive it or not.

well it was a demo car with 9000km when i got it , so i didnt have to do a brake in, but i think that i know my probleme. in the mazda book it says that the car needs 5.7liter of 5w30 oil. i did my oil change at a garage that only put me 3 or 4 liter and syntetique oil. so i think that is my problem. i talk to a guy that work for mazda , he said that is my problem , so i will go to his house tomorrow and he will do me the right oil change.

p5freek said:
well it was a demo car with 9000km when i got it , so i didnt have to do a brake in, but i think that i know my probleme. in the mazda book it says that the car needs 5.7liter of 5w30 oil. i did my oil change at a garage that only put me 3 or 4 liter and syntetique oil. so i think that is my problem. i talk to a guy that work for mazda , he said that is my problem , so i will go to his house tomorrow and he will do me the right oil change.

Oh my! Wow 5.7 litres of oil? That's a ton. Us protege people only use 3.4 :)

ghettobubba2001 said:
doing your own oil changes on a brand new car is not worth it!!!!!!! bring it into the stealership to keep your warranty.

I agree. While it MIGHT be the oil I would take it to the dealership and have THEM tell you that. If it is anything else then THEY can take care of it for you under warranty. It would suck for the dealership to wriggle out of having to fix something for you that they should just because you took it somewhere else to have the oil changed.

R

p5freek said:

All I can say is "yikes!" Since I've had two instances of oil screw ups during maintenance over the last few years (one at the dealer), I now always check the level of both the engine and transmission oil after a service.

An idiot light probably should have come on, but I'd keep any proof you have that it was underfilled. You could be looking at major repairs not covered under warranty and you might have to look to the garage that did the oil change for the costs.

Also, others will know better than I do, but maybe the OEM oil (partial synthetic?) was masking the effects of an unseated ring, premature wear, or another problem that is now showing up with the thinner, full synthetic oil?

ghettobubba2001 said:
doing your own oil changes on a brand new car is not worth it!!!!!!! bring it into the stealership to keep your warranty.

its ok , i did the oil change, and yes guys it is 5.7liters of regular 5w30!!

so there is no more blue smoke well i guess for now. if it comes back then i will take it to the dealer. (first)

how many miles were on the car? remember the hype or this car was so hi I bet everyone on down possibly beat on it before it even got to the dealerships website. As for oil changes. Depending on what you put in it could be cheaper. Some dealership have bulk oit and whatever it is can be put in. 10w-30 could be one of those bulk oils.

Da 6 said:
how many miles were on the car? remember the hype or this car was so hi I bet everyone on down possibly beat on it before it even got to the dealerships website. As for oil changes. Depending on what you put in it could be cheaper. Some dealership have bulk oit and whatever it is can be put in. 10w-30 could be one of those bulk oils.

WHAT do you mean bulk oils???

i know what he means....i used to work at mercedes-benz as a tech....we had huge oil bins and then like 6 dispensers all thru out the shop...you punch in a code then you can only select from reg or syn (i dont remember the vescocities). so, they could have put reg 10w-30 in it or put syn 5w-30 or somethin like that

I would personally run 10w-30 full synthetic in a Speed6 instead of the recommended 5w-30. But that's just me. You want a very sheer stable oil when you're dealing with turbo oil temps...even if the turbo is water/oil cooled.

Latest posts

Back