Anyone know about the LED side mirror covers?

Email the seller and ask him/her. Then post back up with the answer. I didn't even know those existed. Nice find.

I can't email the seller. I'm not, nor will I ever be, an Ebay member.

Matt

So then how do you buy them? And they are unpainted just so you know. You'd also have to run wires to your little baby side lights, shouldn't be too hard.

Either A: get someone who has Ebay account to buy them or B: find a Mazda parts guy and have him get them for me.

I don't think it should cost more than $75 to get them painted. I think around $200 I'd be very willing to add these to my 5.

Matt

they are ok. but just think with the side markers already, then you'll add the led side mirrors, don't you think that's just too many blinkers? good thing they don't make green 5's or it would look like a christmas tree when turning. I'm just playin' with ya'll... just not too crazy about em.

I guess I've never seen the side lights because I'm always in the car. Do they blink or are they on solid all the time?

Matt

the side markers just blink as you turn... it would've been nice if it was on all the time... has anyone thought of doing that??

Here is official reply from Seller on ebay:

Sorry this is Genuine Mazda Part they didn't provide any installation instructions. You need to rewire the LED to the side mark. Just connect the wires for each side. You can get some advice from the workshop or bodyshop. It's very easy, installation might just take 20 mins. thank you

UNQUOTE

So looks like one has to figure how to get from mirror to fender sidemarker. Must be easy enough. As for full time on that would be kewl to see eh. I will do this mod if I get some spare cash. I have already ordered body colored mirror covers and I will post pics when they are installed (body colored mirrors are part of our GT specs not GS in Canada).

If it really is a "genuine Mazda part" (doubtful), or a copy of a genuine mazda part (hopefully), then there will most likely be a lead to wire up the light in the mirror.

If it is neither of those, you'll have to run some wires. It's easier than you think, and it'll be a good learning experience. There are plenty of people here who can give you tips. I could, but my wiring is done just so that it works; it looks like ass.

Your best bet would be to contact the seller again and ask for the Mazda part#. If they can produce it, then it's official.

Actually, I'll do it. :D

Edit:
Here's the message I sent:
Hi,

In your listing, you state that these covers are genuine Mazda parts. Could you tell me the Mazda part # (should be printed on a white rectangular sticker on the box/bag). There should be two numbers, one for each cover.

Thanks,
Brent

I noticed one other thing: this guy is from Taiwan. That points towards knockoff. We'll see what he has to say.

Last edited:
look at the pics... the numbers on the box's stickers were intentionally blured out... what makes you think that asshole will tell you the part #s for this s***?

it's stupid and anti-competitive, furthermore it's just cowardly because practically no one can get s*** like this to begin with!

this perfectly reminds me of a certain other chinese seller that sells "JDM" parts ;)

those things appear to be taiwan only btw... they're not available in japan stock or as an accessory

TheMAN said:
look at the pics... the numbers on the box's stickers were intentionally blured out... what makes you think that asshole will tell you the part #s for this s***?

it's stupid and anti-competitive, furthermore it's just cowardly because practically no one can get s*** like this to begin with!

this perfectly reminds me of a certain other chinese seller that sells "JDM" parts ;)
I didn't even look at the pics. Stupid me.

Well, you could still buy these and have them look fine, but they are knockoffs, so caveat empor.

I'm pretty observant, but didn't notice the blurred out part numbers.

That could have been a box of oil filters for all we know. The box isn't long enough to contain those covers, but we can't see the length of the box.

I don't really care to put TW stuff on my car unless it builds a good reputation.

Matt

Zoom5Zoom said:
Shame its not genuine Mazda Parts....pitty

If it ISN'T genuine Mazda parts (like he claims), then what else of his ad is false/misleading???

Catch someone in a lie and you start wondering how much of their story is true and how much is fabricated.

Matt

Well the lights looked sharp but that is IMO. Too bad....Mazda wake up and make em(only after you make a third row all weather mat lol).

MD5 said:
If it ISN'T genuine Mazda parts (like he claims), then what else of his ad is false/misleading???

Catch someone in a lie and you start wondering how much of their story is true and how much is fabricated.

Matt

look at the boxes... they're mazda parts stickers

I'm pretty sure they're just stock "TDM" parts and not accessories, thats why there's no instructions

I was the first to order these a few months ago. They are original Mazda parts (not an accessory). The covers have exactly the same stamping as the original covers. The packaging is clearly Mazda. The quality is very high. They need to be wired to the side blinkers which takes ALOT longer than 20 min (try 2+ hrs to do it right, per door!); The doors and mirrors have to be dissassembled in order to gain enough access to thread a wire through to the fenders. The finished look is nice but it might strike some as odd to have Both the fender lights as well as the leds(which are very bright btw)blinking away . I like the idea of turning the fender light into a running light, hadn't thought of that. I'll post pics this week (finished install And the boxes they came in).

Back