Drove a CX7 Base FWD today

Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Wow what a machine.....

Had a chance to take a CX7 out on city and on the highways. Great performance but off the line was sluggish (didn't have PCM loaded correctly? TCS keep engaging after it was de-selected).

I tried both Manual Mode and Automatic and had fun with Manual but felt the Automatic ride was just as fun. Cornering at intersections in 3rd gear was just fine. For a 6 Speed Automatic I say congrats this machine will win lots of awards in near future.

Last edited:
Zoom5Zoom said:
Wow what a machine.....

Had a chance to take a CX7 out on city and on the highways. Great performance but off the line was sluggish (didn't have PCM loaded correctly? TCS keep engaging after it was de-selected).

I tried both Manual Mode and Automatic and had fun with Manual but felt the Automatic ride was just as fun. Cornering at intersections in 3rd gear was just fine. For a 6 Speed Automatic I say congrats this machine will win lots of awards in near future.

Sounds great! Really excited to test drive one. Do you know if the CX7 (for demo) is out across Ontario dealers yet?

dracore said:
Sounds great! Really excited to test drive one. Do you know if the CX7 (for demo) is out across Ontario dealers yet?

All dealers around the GTA would have received at least one CX-7 as of last Friday.

I was looking at one yesterday. Never Drove it. I don't think it's really something for me so I didn't bother. Very Nice inside though, I just find it looks a little funky. Not bad, just different, I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe with different wheels on it, and few minor cosmetic changes it would be more attractive to me. I can see it's appeal though, AWD, 245hp, no need to worry about bumps, snow etc. Even as a car guy I would almost me tempted to give it a more serious look. Funny, salesman told me the one there was 43 grand CDN...I was like wtf? and the only way to get mp3 capability is go with the nav/touchscreen unit at almost 4-5 grand. top that off with a 6.9% lease rate and payments are like 800/month +tax.

actually, here

Purchase Total :
spacer.gif
$50,696.60

Like **** off Mazda. Waay too much.

6.90%$801.28
spacer.gif
$19,439.60

The list on the top model with Nav is $42,945 including freight, PDI, block heater, etc....sounds like they added some **** fees or something at your dealership Newf. The price is about $8k cheaper than a Murano with the same equipment and it will drive circles around a Murano in every category.

the dealer told me 43 grand, that price above at 50 grand is from mazda.ca using their online builder and includes taxes.

2007 CX-7 GT AWD Lux
Your Total MSRP : $38,195.00
PST : $3,055.60
GST : $2,673.65

Purchase Total : $45,522.75

Yup put on interest your payin 877 per month over 60 month term in Canada eh....

Back