Check engine light on at only 2200 miles

Samdiver74

:
Mazda Speed 6 GT, Black Mica
Anyone else have this problem?
Wife was saying that the check engine light came on and stayed on, as she was leaving work, and it is still on now, the car has only got 2200 miles on it.
Spoke to service manager at local dealer and he said try the gas cap.

Got it booked in for Thursday, so they can pull the trouble code, even though the service manager said if the check engine light goes off they can't pull the code, which is total bull cause the code is stored, until it is erased by A) Disconnecting the battery or B) deleted by the diagnostics reader.

Anyone else have a similar problem, please let me know.
Oh and the car is not modified in any way.
Thanks in advance.

my cel came on a couple days ago. my car's only got 4000mi and has no mods as well. i'm experiencing some acceleration problems though. it seems to only be a problem when i try to accelerate harder. when the turbo kicks in, the engine sputters instead of accelerating smoothly. experiencing anything like that? Pls let us know what the problem is when you bring it in.. thx!

Ok car is in with the dealer as I speak, no idea what is wrong with it yet, although when I went to pick it up from where the wife works, I started it, to warm it up and the check engine light didn't come on, drove down the road about a mile and it came back on. Hmmmm pretty strange.
Won't know until tomorrow.
hopefully nothing serious but either way it is under warranty.
and in answer to your question, I haven't really noticed any driving, spluttering problems, and believe me I get on it when I have chance to drive it, although I am aware of the Lack of power fix.
When I find out more I'll let you know.

OK just got the car back from the dealer.
CEL code was P0441. Evap something or other, if anyone has the OBD II trouble codes list please post up here.
The service tech phoned the mazda techline, techline said over filling of fuel tank may be cause condition.
Head tech informed me that they made sure the latest version of the ECU software was 43, and to make sure that when I fill up with gas, as soon as I get the shutoff click to leave it at that, Don't top it off.
He also said the light may come on again until Mazda releases the latest update in a month or so.
Thats all I got.

wow over fill caused the cel. that's gotta be a lot of extra gas after the click.

i actually found out what happened with my cel today too. i unfortunately dont get the car back til monday. apparently one of the coils is bad, so they're ordering the part and wont get it til monday. no wonder it felt like power loss while driving. i guess only having 3 cylinders doesnt quite cut it. now i'm stuck with a loaner wagon for the w/e.

(yupnope)

i had the same code for the evap purge valve....mazda explained it to me as a valve that opens to vent out some gasses or somethin and they said its for emissions....my driveability never changed and it was under warranty so whateva no biggie

tyrellebo said:
wow over fill caused the cel. that's gotta be a lot of extra gas after the click.

i actually found out what happened with my cel today too. i unfortunately dont get the car back til monday. apparently one of the coils is bad, so they're ordering the part and wont get it til monday. no wonder it felt like power loss while driving. i guess only having 3 cylinders doesnt quite cut it. now i'm stuck with a loaner wagon for the w/e.

(yupnope)

Did you get your car fixed?

The more Cel codes that crop up the better chance we have of getting a software update. I still can't believe they said that I over filled the fuel tank, pricks that is why there are vents on the tank, oh and not to mention I had 6.5 miles on my odometer when I picked the car up.
I zeroed out the odometer and made a note of the exact mileage as I dropped it off. They have one more chance at the dealership, if it happens again I am taking legal action.

There was already a software update for the above mentioned cel codes back in 2005.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=2312

There is however a problem with the purge solenoid's that came about due to a manfuacturer change sometime in 2005 that is still being worked on.

Other problems with the speed6 include....

Coolant hose blowing off (fixed with a 0.25 cent clamp). Shifter binding (should have been fixed in pre-delivery inspection). Sudden Powerloss (fixed in the latest reflash).
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=5055

I had the CEL issue...

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123634039

Guy said gas cap was probably loose at some point. I'd think things like that should clear the CEL when the problem is corrected... Or perhaps there should be a totally separate light called, "everything seems OK now, and it's really no biggie, but next time you're in the dealership, just make sure they tell you what happened."

P0441

I'm taking my car in Monday for this same CEL code. I first got it around 1000 miles on the car and its come back about 6 times. I kept clearing it with my scanner to make sure it wasn't just a one time thing.

I don't have a MS6 but I know the Protege's CEL will come on from overflow of gas or not tightening the gas cap enough.

Chris-BE said:
They will replace the purge solenoid, or should at least.
my 3 has been in 4 times - 3 for purge solenoid valves fixed those, 1 mas air flow sensore but they won't touch that one because i have cai on my engine.

Back