MS6 Racing and Shifting

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
I know one guy has posted his times but I can't seem to find them. NOPI is going to be in Maryland this weekend and I want to run my car to get the times for it so I am asking for some advice. When I had my 3s I used to "speed shift" or shift without ever taking my foot off the gas. As long as it is done before the redline then the engine never stutters and since we peak in the Speed 6 before the redline I am curious if this is ok in a Turbo'ed engine. In a NA engine it doesn't really cause any harm as long as its not made a habit, but I am not to familiar with the effects of a turbo'ed engine. Also I know someone mentioned the shift points before...Our peak HP is at 5500 RPM, Does anyone know the best shift points for each gear and the launch RPMs for our car. Or if you could just link me to the post that already has it listed that would be great to. Thanks.

Armyguy1104 said:
. . . . Also I know someone mentioned the shift points before...Our peak HP is at 5500 RPM, Does anyone know the best shift points for each gear and the launch RPMs for our car. Or if you could just link me to the post that already has it listed that would be great to. Thanks.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50919

Good Luck! Still looking for someone to go 13.6 or lower! You could be the one . . . let us know.

seanw said:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50919

Good Luck! Still looking for someone to go 13.6 or lower! You could be the one . . . let us know.

Thanks, thats one of the ones that I had seen before. Who was the one on here that ran their MS6 at the track already. I think he was running mid - high 13's already. I am worried about the heat soak though. Its about an hour drive down their and I am just doing the free runs. Maybe I will wait until Saturday night after it cools off a little on the track to run it depending on the time they start the free runs.

didnt get a chance

Oh well went to the races and it was crowded so it was pointless to pay the extra money to run my car. I guess I will find a local track that allows it on a weekly basis so I wont have to worry about crowds.

Armyguy1104 said:
Oh well went to the races and it was crowded so it was pointless to pay the extra money to run my car. I guess I will find a local track that allows it on a weekly basis so I wont have to worry about crowds.

Mir mid night madness every friday night, test and tune on sundays.also capital raceway in maryland is only $20 to race

Back