AEM Intake

Spool-N-Up

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed 6
I installed a AEM cold air intake for my MS6 today. Overall it went well, other than a few minor things. The sound is normal for an intake on any turbo car. Does make it sounds meaner thats for sure.

did you install it yourself?? and if you did then could you tell me if you had to do anything crazy to get it to fit or does it slide in?? did you have to remove the bumper??

hey, i'm new to this site. I got the aem intake, its easy to install maybe one hour. you dont have to take the bumper off, just the wheel and a little bit of the fenderliner.

Attachments

• PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    589.9 KB · Views: 1,261
  • PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 1,622
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 1,017
this is the dyno, i didn't get the stock dyno but it does feel faster, ill post a video in a sec

Attachments

• dyno.JPG
    dyno.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 1,154
  • dyno 2.JPG
    dyno 2.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 943
just put a cutout and get your self a real blow off valve and you are in the game man. the car is totaly different. im boosting at 18 - 20 pounds of boost when the cutout is open, and the spool up is alot faster.

i have the hks ssqv but i haven't installed it yet. i need more mods before i install it.

Attachments

• bov.JPG
    bov.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 897
cat back exhaust and unichip so that i can get everything tuned at the same time and squeese the most hp and tq possible.

when i talked to the people at japtrix, which is the place that i dynoed my car, they said that with the extra mods that i wanted to put in i could easily get 300+ tq and close to 300 hp

I don't think cat-back will do ANYTHING for the speed6's.... (However i'd like to see some posts to prove otherwise)

I've had severa shops test / examine my car... and the stock cat-back is more or less perfect... You would need improved downpipes... possibly monifold... and high-flow cat mods... to get any performance increase out of a cat-back system...

Then again these are just the opinions of several exhaust and performance shops.... If someone gets a cat-back only setup and shows real performance increase... I know a lot of us would LOVE to see it.... specially me so I can prove the shops wrong and get a DEAL on a setup =)

:EDIT:

There is a chip available for Speed6? Or you are just saying you want one eventually when they come out?

:EDIT:

CPE has that 3" cat-back exhaust that adds 25hp and like 30 tq

i have same question as perfect...chip upgrade is available for speed6?

worth getting?

I'm interested in feedback from MS6 owners. Test drove one two days ago and loved it, quick clutch and fast. Are owners satisfied overall with their purchase?

I AM!! (first)

kapusta107 said:
I'm interested in feedback from MS6 owners. Test drove one two days ago and loved it, quick clutch and fast. Are owners satisfied overall with their purchase?

unichip is in production of a chip for our car, release date is still unconclusive but at least they are in the process.

Back