New Mazda5 owner here

Hambone

:
Mazda5
Hello all. I just brought home a new Carbon Gray Mazda5 Touring w/nav last night. This vehicle has everything I was looking for as I didn't want a minivan or suv. (hi)

Congrats. Got my platinum silver auto touring w/DVD last Saturday. Its one sporty vehicle.

silverm5- With DVD or NAV? If you got DVD any chance you could take some pics of it? The only photos I've seen are those tiny ones in the brochure and I want a DVD player.

Kid Red said:
silverm5- With DVD or NAV? If you got DVD any chance you could take some pics of it? The only photos I've seen are those tiny ones in the brochure and I want a DVD player.

DVD entertainment system. I'll try to take some pics after I get home from work.

silverm5 said:
DVD entertainment system. I'll try to take some pics after I get home from work.
(bump)

If nothing else, could you let me know how the DVD system is setup? I assume it's the general method where the monitor is off the ceiling and the DVD player itself is mounted below the front passenger seat? Also, can you put the DVD sound output through the main car speakers or only through the headphones?

jandree22 said:
(bump)

If nothing else, could you let me know how the DVD system is setup? I assume it's the general method where the monitor is off the ceiling and the DVD player itself is mounted below the front passenger seat? Also, can you put the DVD sound output through the main car speakers or only through the headphones?

Yes, monitor is mounted on the ceiling. The installer mounted the DVD player in the storage area underneath the driver side 2nd row seat. That basically takes half the storage area away from under that seat, but that's ok. And yes, you can either listen to the sound through the main car speakers or through the headphones. My kids love it. That's the main thing.

Oh yeah, I haven't been able to take any pics because my digital camera crapped out on me. Looking for a new one.

Last edited:
silverm5 said:
Yes, monitor is mounted on the ceiling. The installer mounted the DVD player in the storage area underneath the driver side 2nd row seat.

Um, what if you need to change dvd's while driving and someone is sitting there? What if you had a car seat installed? I don't think I'd want it there. Not sure where I'd put it (I guess that's why I just got the kids portable players for our trip ;)).

Fortunately, the car seat is on the passenger side 2nd row, but yes, it would be difficult to change DVDs while in motion, lol.

The DVD entertainment system is a dealer installed option. My dealer uses a third party installer that comes by the dealer when DVD systems need to be installed.

Last edited:
Where's the remote control sensor, on the monitor or the box? Also, did I read somewhere that the headphones are wireless?

jandree22 said:
Where's the remote control sensor, on the monitor or the box? Also, did I read somewhere that the headphones are wireless?

The remote sensor is on the base of the monitor and yes, the headphones are wirelesss. You have the option of listening to the sound through your car speakers or the wireless headphones.

K, thanks. I was a little worried that the player location would have an impact on the use of the remote. And that's awesome about the wireless headphones... a lot less hassle.

Back