Got rearended today.....

dommo_g

:
2004 SRT-4, 2007 MS3
Typical stop and go rush hour traffic conditions. Not too fast. I stopped, the old man in the Dakota behind me didn't seem to want to stop all the way. I'm not sure of his speed, but it was one of those things where he was trying to stop, but just couldn't. It snapped my neck back pretty good, but barely a scratch on the rear bumper cover. No point in posting pics, because there was no noticeable damage. I'll have it checked out to see if the bumper structure under the facia needs to be repaired. I was somewhat impressed. Pretty pissed off, but impressed. It was in the same damn spot where I got rearended in my SRT a couple months ago.

I'll update if any repairs are needed.

Bummer...

I hope your neck is ok. I was in a similar type of accident a few years back. My back ached for days afterwards.

dommo hope your ok buddy.

FYI if my memory does me correct the Mazda Bumpers are rated for 8 Km per hour hits as most cars are rated 5 Km per hour.

Yea, wait a week at least before saying your neck is OK.

Wow, two rear ends in the same year? Time to change cities, :) j/k

make absolutely sure that you've got the headrest adjusted correctly! If it's just pushed down all the way and it hits you in the back of the neck during even a minor collision from behind it can snap your spine. The back of your head should hit it right in the center so that if someone taps you your neck can't snap any further back than that.

Back