Cp-e CAI intake check engine light

SeMentor

:
MAzda 6 5 dr V6 Black Onyx
I had just changed my oil to 10w-30 two days ago and my check engine light came on. I had installed my Cp-e CAI about 2 months ago now and everything had been going smooth. Just wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

Have the CEL code pulled. Your CEL could be any of these, and might not even be due to the CAI nor the oil. Have the vehicle scanned so a proper diagnosis can be performed.

cool. I'll be sure to check it out. BTW my check engine light turned off the following evening and it hasnt come back on since. Must be a cel, so i'll have the list ready for the next time it does come on. Thanks!

SeMentor said:
cool. I'll be sure to check it out. BTW my check engine light turned off the following evening and it hasnt come back on since. Must be a cel, so i'll have the list ready for the next time it does come on. Thanks!

Must be a cel? Cel = check engine light... i'm confused?

Anyway let us know what does happen if it comes on again.... I have the CPE with no troubles one bit...

OK so Cel = Check Engine Light. Got it. It turned on again. why... i was just driving. My car seems to be back firing on the engine. Could it be the engine mount? Or could it be the oil i used. 10w-30 mobile 1. Should be ok though. Changed my oil last sunday, but didnt replace the oil filter because i forgot to get an oil filter wrench. Should be okay though right. This is weird cuz Cp-e should have no problems cuz thats why i got it rather than anything else. hopefully it turns off tomorrow sometime, but i think im gonna go ahead and replace my oil and oil filter again. What a waste of good clean oil. WTF. haha okay... help me out hopefully this problem doesnt occur with other Cp-e's.

There are litearly hundreds of cel codes. Don't try to pinpoint which is which without getting the code pulled. Generally on the speed6, it'll be a gascap cel light, or a purge valve solenoid. Neither of these two are related to intakes.

You can get your cel read by either...

1) Finding a member with a CAN capable scanner and borrowing it.
2) Calling Autozones till you find one with a CAN capable scanner, and using it to pull the code.
3) Having a dealership pull the code (could result in a fee if its related to the intake).
4) Buying a CAN capable scanner.

Honestly, IMO, if you are planning on modding your car, you should have a full factory workshop manual, and the electronic equipment necessary to diagnose your car, PRIOR to modifying it. Modifying your vehicle gives YOU the responsibility of maintaining and diagnosing it.

If you go dealer go stock airbox. If speed 6 also has the vad setup that was one of the troubleshooting process.

Crossbow
do you know where we can get the full factory workshop manual, I want to get this in PDF format, it has to be available somewhere.

You can access the workshop manuals online for around 20 dollars for 24 hours of access @

http://www.mazdatechinfo.com

However, the Mazdaspeed6 manuals are missing alot of the diagrams and photos, so it's pretty pointless to try and snag it online.

If you pull the cel code and post it, I can pull the diagnosis information for you and post it here @ no charge to you.

Back