2007 Mazda 5 changes

Benfolio

:
06 Mazda 5 - '01 P71
Well, those of us lucky enough to have gotten a Carbon Gray or Cardinal Red 5 will be happy to note our color was for 2006 ONLY, both have been deleted.
Carbon Gray has been replaced with Galaxy Gray, and Dark Plum Mica has also been added for '07.
There will also be a Grand Touring trim level, which includes HID Xenon headlights, and black headlight/taillight bezels.
Also added to the GT trim will be Espresso Brown heated leather front seats and matching brown cloth trim in the door panels available with Black, Platinum, White, and Gray.

Just thought I'd share.

WOo HOooo!! I guess my Carbon Gray is now a collector's item(bowdown)

Damn! I told my wife the Carbon Grey was nicer than the Platinum Silver.... so much for "you can always get that next time".

I'm not listening to her anymore!!(bicker)

Last edited:
I'm shocked they're not going to bring Sunlight Silver over... wow. Look forward to what should be a very classy dark red colour in the "Dark Plum Mica". If they had that in '06, I woulda bought it.

I'm not terribly fond of being forced into leather on the GT.

Last edited:
Whidbeyone said:
Any word on power sliding rear doors on the Mazda5 for 2007? Where do you get your authoratative information from?
I get my info in Canada ... Mazda Canada.....our packages are slightly different from US versions but never powertrain configurations. Thanks

Yea!! Finally I have learned to wait and my wishes come true.....if it's true for Mazda US. Leather, cool new colors and more!! My silver RX 8 is going to leave me in the fall but I need the cargo!!

This REALLY pisses me off! I had my heart set on CGM for '07!!! So they take away an awesome slate color and flashy red and replace it with yet another shade of flippin Silver and um, PURPLE?! bleck...

silver is BORING, the two greenish colors are pukey, everybody drives the normal blue nowadays, black shows every inperfection/scratch/dirt, purple is for women, and white costs EXTRA?! Way to go, Mazda!(yupnope)

I don't mean to offend anyone by their color choices, but nothing seems to fit me. Oh well, there's been worse trageties I suppose...

Last edited:
I hope to god that they put in an automatic leveling system for the HIDs... the halogen headlights are already aimed uncomfortably high (DOT retardedly legal though)... throw a few cases of beer in the trunk and you'll been shining your lights straight into some dude's mirror....

Per Jim Mateja's column in the Chicago Tribune (May 14), the Mazda3 will have a 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with a 5 year / 60,000 powertrain warranty in '07. The '06's have a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

It's quite possible that the '07 Mazda5 will also have a shortened bumper to bumper warranty with a longer powertrain warranty.

My question is this: What will be the number of Mazda5's imported to the US in '07? Will it be significantly more than the 15,000 in '06? Remember that there won't be an MPV in '07 so the Mazda5 will be Mazda's sole van in the US.

Last edited:
Heat said:
My question is this: What will be the number of Mazda5's imported to the US in '07? Will it be significantly more than the 15,000 in '06? Remember that there won't be an MPV in '07 so the Mazda5 will be Mazda's sole van in the US.
I doubt it'll be much more. 06 sales were high because of the brand new 'wow' factor and heavy advertising during the Olympics. Not saying they couldn't advertise heavily for the '07s, but doubtful as I'm sure Mazda has some more tricks up their sleeve that they're eager to brag about. The market's already a bit saturated from the 06's, too. I'd say the demand will stay the same, if not level off and drop just a pinch. That being said, one could also deduce that after Mazda has seen that the 5 has been a great success thus far in the US, perhaps they'll be a little bit more generous in their production numbers for this coming year.

Either way, I don't think the MPV will have much impact. Sure people may have Mazda loyalty, but the Mazda5 is a considerable step down in offerings from what the MPV had, V6 is a big one in itself. Chances are if someone really wanted an MPV, they'll head over to the Odyssey or Sienna before they truly consider the Mazda5... those two are larger than the MPV, but most would choose a little too big than a little too small for their needs.

Last edited:
I'd love to get a hold of a set of HID's for my 06' 5...Does anyone know if they'll be able to be added to the 06 model??? The aftermarket has been slow in producing a quality HID for the 5, and with them coming on the 07' model I'm super stoked!!! :D

DAN

7red7 said:
I'd love to get a hold of a set of HID's for my 06' 5...Does anyone know if they'll be able to be added to the 06 model??? The aftermarket has been slow in producing a quality HID for the 5, and with them coming on the 07' model I'm super stoked!!! :D

DAN

What is so great about HID? The lights on m 5 are more than adequate and the brights are absolutely brilliant!

Matt

MD5 said:
What is so great about HID? The lights on m 5 are more than adequate and the brights are absolutely brilliant!

Matt

HIDs have lower maintainence hassels... they last a long time compared to halogen bulbs

the reason why the halogen lights on the mz5 is so "good" right now is because it's aimed to DOT's specs (as I have said already), which is overall unsafe.... it's aimed too high, and it may blind people from the glare.... and when people are "blinded", they can cause an accident!

What about the new MPV

Has anyone looked at the new MPV on the Japanese Mazda web site? While I agree that the minivan market is pretty saturated, and some like Ford are pulling out of it, I have to say there would be plenty of WOW factor going if they decided to introduce the new MPV here. Talk about Zoom-zoom (although even in Japan it doesn't come with a 5 speed manual).

If you ask me, Mazda missed a bet... spending so much time on the CX-7 and CX-9 as SUV's are waining... they should have been thinking of bringing the new MPV here.

Still... I'm totally happy with my Mazda5 and wouldn't trade it for either an MPV or a CX.

Back