Upgrade for the Stock Bose?

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Hello All,

As I was reading through my owners manual, I noticed that 2 different Bose systems are pictured (and discussed) in the manual. The one I suspect everyone has is a 6-disc in dash cd only player. The other pictured is also a 6-disc in dash, but has the capability of reading cd text, and MP3 cds. Does anyone have this type in their car? Does it even exist? If it does...anyone know how to get one?(RTM)

WTF where did you get MP3 cd unit!!! GODDAMN IT....

i'm so ******* pissed.... I have another question.. does anyone else.. have VOICE activated nav? Mine uses a remote near the shifter... and thats it... she talks to me about directions but doesn't accept my voice commands....

Sounded like some ppl have that...

But... you seriously have MP3 cd capable Bose system? stock? in your 6?

Heh sorry for the mix-up. I forgot that Nero was encoding the mp3's I was burning to the audio cd format (.wav) automatically.

My stereo doesn't play mp3's.

Voice activated Nav is on the 5... The 'speed6 had the navigation installed before the 5, so it's a little older. I'd rather use maps than the one the speed has. And the MP3 capable cd player is a factory option that you don't see very often.

Well i have iPod in mine now... so oh well... And the nav in speed6 is fine o_O... only feature I don't like is the new "safe driver" s***... you can't use it while the vehicle is moving... unless it is a pre-set destination... SOOOO annoying...

Granted I shouldn't be trying to look at the screen and type things in anyway... my passengers could... which... for long trips I need the nav for.... usually have people with me... That is why you buy a 4 door sedan.....

Ya, I'm pissed too ... $30K for a car that can't play MP3's .... so now I have to make two sets of disks ... on for my 89 Probe GT (which WILL play MP3's) and my brand new $30K MS6 that won't.

(doughpoke

PerfectXtreme said:

i'm so ******* pissed.... I have another question.. does anyone else.. have VOICE activated nav? Mine uses a remote near the shifter... and thats it... she talks to me about directions but doesn't accept my voice commands....

PerfectXtreme said:

My nav is voice activated. I haven't checked if my system plays MP3 CDs, now I know what I'm doing when I get home :)

Phil Blunts said:
My nav is voice activated. I haven't checked if my system plays MP3 CDs, now I know what I'm doing when I get home :)
You have a 6, not a 'speed right?

AWD6 said:
yea my cd unit play mp3s that are on a cd

First I heard of this in a MS6? Did they swap with a normal 6 or something?

Which brings me to why I came to this thread. Can we swap the mp3 play'n bose from a normal 6 into the ms6? Will we lose anything? sub, controls etc?

I'm not even sure if there is a Canadian mp3 stereo for the ms6....must check...

Bose in standard 6 has sub and amp under passenger seat.

ok, that is good, means the connections should be on the unit ok.

as long as it fits. I'm going up afterwork to see the ms6 again. No mp3's is a big downer for me as my last two cars have had it. I don't think I even have a cd player in the house anymore, everything I listen to is mp3

hey there

I just bought my 2006 mazda 6 and yes there is an in-dash 6 disk cd/mp3 player that you can get. It's about $49 most places. I got mine for cheaper. I still have to get it installed though cuz i was stupid to get a n aftermarket sony put in there adn a dvd player in teh roof adn a cd changer in the trunk..but the cd player does play the dvd's that play in teh dvd player...but i lost all my cool red lights which is why i want my old one back with teh stock 6 disk mp3

coolmommy84 said:
I just bought my 2006 mazda 6 and yes there is an in-dash 6 disk cd/mp3 player that you can get. It's about $49 most places.
$49??? Is that a mistype?

When I bought my MS6 I got an accessory booklet from the dealer that had the in-dash 6-disc MP3-compatible stereo in there. It's a plug-in replacement for the original 6-cd Bose deck. It was like a $500 upgrade, so I said, "would be nice, but..."

Back