Why did you choose the 5?

ntron1

:
2006 Customworks Aggressor
This is the first question everyone asks me (right after they ask what is it?). For me it was two fold. First, I have a 12 and 8 yr old and my other half has a 12 and 10 yr old. We are both divorced and have all the kids every other weekend. Talk about a pain in the A$$, two cars everywhere.....the beach, dinner, movie, bowling etc. The 5 gives us just enough room for trips under 3 hours. Yes, you could do more but longer trips mean more stuff and likely an overnight stay. For overnights it just makes more sense to rent a full size van and save the 400+ miles on the 5.

The kids fit well at their ages for these relatively short jaunts.

The second reason for the 5 is far more fun. I race RC cars sometimes for 6 straight days hundreds of miles from home and putting me and my racing buddy with all our stuff in a Jetta for an 800 mile 5 day road trip was just crazy. The 5 takes our stuff easily in the back and drives more like a car than a van.

So there you go. It fits my needs perfectly but if you want to carry 6 on a daily basis or for long hauls it may be a bit too small.

Cheers!

P.S. I have never seen another one on the road. Everytime we travel with the kids, we add $1 to the jackpot for seeing the first one on the road. I hope we see one soon or I'll have to take out a loan to pay the reward.

1. It isn't a van
2. It isn't a car
3. Lots of space for its size
4. Great gas mileage
5. Mazda reputation
6. Fun to drive

Matt

1) versatility
2) looks
3) practicality
4) value
5) good size (smaller than minivan, bigger than hatchback)
6) have one 18mth old, and probably more in the near future (wife have twin bloodlines)

Last edited:
space
performance (for a mini wagon)
looks
good milage
newborn friendly

Latest posts

Back