Mazda and Google Earth Partner for the Mazda CX-7 Earth Search Sweepstakes!

Antoine

Administrator
Mazda First Automaker to Use Breakthrough Technology for Vehicle Launch Campaign

390605_img_googleearth_cx7EarthSearch.gif

LOS ANGELES, May 1 -- Mazda North American Operations today announced that consumers will be able to search the globe online for a chance to win an all-new 2007 Mazda CX-7. Leveraging the popularity of Google Earth, a free software application run through Earth.Google.com that combines satellite imagery, maps and a powerful search engine, users will be able to use video clues to search all over the globe for a chance to win a brand new Mazda CX-7. Encouraging users to "Search for the SUV you Never Saw Coming," the online game will serve to breakthrough the automotive clutter and generate buzz and awareness for the all-new Mazda CX-7.

"This multi-tiered campaign is a great example of how Mazda has gone beyond basic marketing tactics to embrace emerging technologies in communicating to consumers," said Brian Colianni, senior vice president of sales and marketing, MNAO. "The Mazda CX-7 Earth Search Sweepstakes utilizes cutting edge technology to create a relevant and entertaining online experience for participants of the sweepstakes, an experience that we think will resonate with our target."

The Mazda CX-7 Earth Search Sweepstakes was developed collaboratively by Doner, Mazda's agency of record, Proxicom, and Sarkissian Mason, as part of the launch campaign for the vehicle. The sweepstakes running through June 27, 2006 will be housed at www.NeverSawItComing.com with print, online and search engine marketing components driving traffic to the site.

To play, a consumer will visit www.NeverSawItComing.com and log-in to view a short video that will include a hidden clue to the Mazda CX-7's location. The participant will utilize Google Earth to navigate to the location, which will be marked by the Mazda Sweepstakes Entry icon that the participant will click to enter to win. The clues will get harder and harder as participants move throughout the game. The first clue picks up where the Mazda CX-7 15 second pre-launch spots leave off.

The game will further serve to introduce the Mazda CX-7 to all participants by including a 3-D interactive tour of the vehicle. The tour will highlight the interior and exterior performance and design features.

-MazdaNews

Shawn704 said:
Clue 4 is pretty hard for me.

I said the same thing, but finally figured it out...Don't worry about the War and Peace reference, that made no sense to me. Focus more on where angelic (read: opera) voices are heard.

Last edited:
I'm still clueless, another hint please? I thought the War and Peace reference was an album by a rock group, and War and Peace was capitalized. That didn't lead to nowhere.

The way I got it was to take a screen shot of what was there after the CX-7 drove by. Then it's very obvious. If still need help, let me know. There's a reason why that thing is upside down! ;)

I did the screen shot trick too, didn't help me. I just really thought about opera ("angelic voices") and a famous place where you hear opera.

Last edited:
The War and Peace reference is quite significant. Think Prokofiev, not Tolstoy ... then play with Google.

The problem with solving this clue may be a bug in the software. I was able to deduce the solution from the clues, but when I zoomed in on the location the "X" wasn't there. It was quite frustrating. I began searching elsewhere thinking I may be wrong, but having no luck elsewhere I kept going back to the location I had deduced would be correct. Finally, the "X" appeared after my 7th or 8th look at the same spot. I have no idea why it wasn't visible before. I was under 5000 feet each time, and waited sufficient time for the "X" to appear every time I looked. So if you think you know the answer but can't find the ''X", keep trying that same spot.

Last edited:
stangmatt66 said:
I did the screen shot trick too, didn't help me. I just really thought about opera ("angelic voices") and a famous place where you hear opera.

If you did the screen shot at the very end after the CX-7 drove by, on the concert screen should be an upside down crocodille. What Continent/country could an upside down crocodille represent? Now think about the famous opera house.

Another clue is one member here is from that continent/country and was complaining that the CX-7 won't be available there for another year or so. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123621903

Last edited:
GAMacky said:
If you did the screen shot at the very end after the CX-7 drove by, on the concert screen should be an upside down crocodille.

That was an upside down croc? Wow, I would never have guessed. Mazda needs to work on their hints a little more.

stangmatt66 said:
That was an upside down croc? Wow, I would never have guessed. Mazda needs to work on their hints a little more.

Yeah that was a piss poor quality hint...

I guess too many people were having trouble with the 4th one that they decided to make it easy for the 5th one.

Back