Automatic Wipers

Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Sorry to interupt but having looked at the windshield damage link I was wondering if the USA version of the Mazda 5 has standard automatic intermittent wipers.

The sensor is located at the rearview mirror.

Nope. We need to reach over and turn it on/off and adjust the speed manually.

:)

Any way we'd get an after market (even from Mazda) controller? Isn't that all that it is, or is there some type of relay device that would need to be installed to control the intermittence? Being in Florida, I will miss that once rainy season begins.

ummm we have AUTOMATIC intermittent wipers with setting of which speed required. It is an indent position on the wiper arm and it says AUTO.

I know this really is not the place to talk about this but the wiper thing is just another thing in a huge list of differences between the Canadian and US models.

If Mazda put in equal amounts of time and effort to make these cars the same as they have to make them different, we'd all have awesome vehicles with nothing to complain about at $4,000-$5,000 cheaper then we all paid.

Hmmmm.... it just boggles my mind.

mazdaFIVEmike said:
I know this really is not the place to talk about this but the wiper thing is just another thing in a huge list of differences between the Canadian and US models.

If Mazda put in equal amounts of time and effort to make these cars the same as they have to make them different, we'd all have awesome vehicles with nothing to complain about at $4,000-$5,000 cheaper then we all paid.

Hmmmm.... it just boggles my mind.

Agreed, I don't understand why side curtain air bags are standard on all trim levels in the US but only available on the GT in Canada. I liked everything about the GS except for the lack of airbags! I didn't really need the moonroof, 17 inch rims (it rides much nicer on the 16 inch rims) or the extended spoiler on the GT. but the air bags were a deal breaker for me.

Another difference between the Canadian and the U.S. model.
The base model in Canada comes with the skirts and deeper front spoiler while the U.S. does not.

Base Mazda, sans skirts and front spoiler
mazda5_02.jpg

That's the base non US version-

We also don't get those headlight sprayers :(

I like the foreign spoiler with the black grill mesh following the interior angle of the top grill. Our version it just outwards and doesn't match the top grill. Always wondered why they changed the front bumper/grill.

Last edited:
Back