Auto Dimming Mirror Install Problem on a 5

dsulli37

:
2006 Mazda5
So I just installed an auto dimming mirror with Homelink only (no compass) and I'm having some issues. I had to use wire clamps that came with the wire harness kit to tap into the car. I can get the Homelink to work but not the mirror. The kit that I ordered from MZparts is number 0000-8C-L01 -L04. When it came it said it was for a compass mirror with Homelink. Everything plugged in fine. I triple checked that I tapped into the right wires. Like I said, the Homelink works. Does anyone have any ideas? Can I just tap into the fuse box?

hummmmm......kind of weird trouble,if you did tap the wires properly,it should work,you have power on every wire right?you mean the dimming mode dosent work?i d like to help you out,but mine came with it from mazda,so i am kind messed up with the problem you have,if you could show me the wiring sheet maybe we could find a solution,can you?were the 12 volt comes from,i mean from wich wire?give me some details and we ll figure it out....(RTM)

I took some pics....still trying to look for a host. I can get the Homelink to work but not the dimming part. I don't know if it is the mirror or the wire? Somehow I doubt it is the wire because I have power to the Homelink.

I have the auto dimming mirror w/compass but can't seem to figure out what is suppose to dim automaticly. In my truck I have map lights in my mirror and the lights automatically dim when I open or close the door. What does the 5 do? Just curious.

Dumb question but have you had the dealer look at it? Maybe return it as defective? I mean it's what 2 wires, positive and negative if you are getting power and it's grounded correctly and Homelink works I'd suspect the mirror.

Naa it is 3 wires....constant, ground, and something else. I am tempted to take it there but I always like to try it on my own first. I am sure I tapped the wrong wire....there are only 100 to choose from.

I haven't read the entire thread, however the installation instructions were well written and it was quite easy to identify the wires to tap into. The most difficult part was removing/reinstalling the A-pillar cover. I would double check the wires you tapped but I'm thinking if one feature works the other should also work...very good change the mirror is defective.

I have the opposite problem, my auto dim works but my homelink does not work. Called the homelink number and the tech said that it was wored incorrectly so I need to take it in.

the 3 wires are ground ,constant power and switched power. you need to tap into a green/black wire and a blue/red wire in the passanger kick pannel. the mirror harnes has the ground and two black cables with spade connectors, one is solid black and one is black with a white stripe. are you sure you didnt connect them wrong. i might be wrong but i think the black/white cable connects to the blue/red and the solid black connects to the green/black. to remove the a pillar easily just remove the weatherstriping and tap the pillar inward with the bottom of your palm. when the clips loosen up, pull the apillar upward from the middle with your finger behind the pillar. then to remove the white push pin push it in 1/2 way twist and pull back.

Do any of you have automatic wipers option? If so, I recall a problem with the autodim/homelink issues mazda has written a letter to that effect.

Back