Aftermarket Rims for CX-7

I have narrowed my choices down to (1) Axis Hiro (2) TSW Nogaro (3) Ruff Racing 278 (4) Ruff Racing 279 or (5) Stern ST-2 Hyper Black. I am open to suggestions if you know of other brands and models with a similar style. I would like at least a 1" lip and no chrome.

Correct me if I am wrong but the stock rim is 18x7.5 with a 50 offset and the tire is 235/60/18. I am thinking of just replacing the rim with a 18x8 and using the stock tires.

I am now seriously considering some 19" or 20" rims so I can get a wider lip but then I have the additional cost of new tires and it might be too much bling for my taste. Also it would be harder to order off the internet and get the correct tire size without knowing what would fit.

Which rim do you guys like best? Any good photochoppers out there that could put these on a black cherry mica CX-7?

Thanks for any help.
-James-
Boostin.com

54af2969679724a7bc89fd071920cb6e-.jpg
Axis Hiro

dc4bdd69896e3f921c89af4af08d68bb-.jpg
TSW Nogaro

4850802a601df964606027545ffb3fdb.jpg
Ruff Racing 278

2a1aa60489a9e364b941299719954850-.jpg
Ruff Racing 279

d25c01b5f24ce315c8b9872d0ab321b9-.jpg
Stern ST-2 Hyper Black

4ffc1e7c56ff367bd967871697163d94-.jpg
Black Cherry Mica

Last edited:
Nice wheels. I bet the first ones would look killer. Planning on getting a CX-7, or do you already have one? I didn't think they were at dealerships yet.

There was suppose to be about thirty due in Salt Lake at the first of the month but they still haven't arrived yet. Unfortunately all the black cherry mica's have sand color interiors and I want black so I may have to wait.

We currently have a Titanium 2005 Mazda 3 and a Silver 2005 Tribute. I was a little disappointed about the acceleration numbers in the Edmund's review but the power train still sounds much better than the Tributes V6 and the turbo engine will be easy to modify. I was really happy to hear the handling and braking live up to the Mazda Zoom Zoom.

Last edited:
Trading in the Tribute for the CX-7?

I really like the Tribute (I drove my uncle's 2002 quite a bit and he traded it for a 2005).. it's a nice functional little SUV. Stock for stock it's faster than a Protege5 :)

That being said, the CX-7 is an incredible improvement. I can't wait to start seeing them on the road.

I am going to try to sell both Mazda's right now before I commit to a trade in. Our second child was born last week and my wife will be staying at home so we could get by with one vehicle for awhile.

We have had two tributes and they are great vehicles but the CX-7 looks like a step up and has everything I am looking for in a family vehicle. I especially like the stability control since my wife did a 360 on the icy interstate a few years back. That was in our 2002 Tribute and she didn't realize she had to push a button for the AWD to be activated. :)

I will definitely miss my 3 but I would like a car with more power next time and a turbo kit doesn't sound like a good option with the ATX right now.

Congrats about the child!

Yeah you'll probably be fine with one vehicle for a while, and especially since it'll be such a nice vehicle.

They start under $24,000 right? I wonder how high they'll get when fully equipped.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Why not just get a set of RX-8 18X8s? Or, if you have to have new wheels, MazdaSpeed accesssory wheels?

(cool) We're starting to see future CX-7 owners join the forums! Welcome! :D

Nice rim choices...I like the TSW offerings...The Nogaro and Mondello would look great on the CX-7...Even better if you get the stance just right!

Be sure to post (pics) the second it's yours ;)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I only want the sunroof and audio package so I think it should be around 26k.

I thought about the RX-8 rims but they are going for $600-800 on eBay and I can get new custom rims for $800-1200. The RX-8 rims are also a flat finish and I would like a hyper silver or hyper black.

I just update the list and pics on the start of this thread so please take a look again. I am really liking the new Ruff and Stern rims I found in hyper black. I am also thinking I need to go with a 19 or 20 x 9.5 inch rim so I can get a really deep 3" lip. Does anyone have any ideas on what tire might fit?

I agree with Antoine that the stance is very important so I don't want a 40 series tire like a car but I have no idea what SUV tire and size would look good with a 19 or 20" rim with no rubbing issues.

Thanks for everyone's input!

that nogaro is hawt!!!!!!!! would look great i think, yeah you gotta go with a 19 or 20 and maybe a slight (talkin 1-1.5") drop to lessen that huge fender gap.

Back