windshield diaster 2

:
5, GT, Auto
This happened to me back in September last year. I was driving on 401 in Toronto - a four lane freeway. There were a few 18-wheelers on the road, and I was on the left-most lane. All of a sudden, I saw this red-brown looking, brick like, object spin-flying off the air... moving towards me. Traveling at 130km/h, there was nothing I could do.

Anyhow, the brick landed on the windshield of my Carmy. It didn't break through like the other case. I guess it just bounced off, and luckily it did not hit my car again in the rebound. There was still glass everywhere inside. My wife who was traveling with me was so fortunately sitting at the back row with my 3 yr old daughter, or else she would probably have a heart attack.

My wife and I figured the brick (more like half a brick) was flipped up by one of the 18-wheelers from the far right lane. Why a broken brick was in the middle of the road... I have no idea. After we all settled down, I was telling my wife that, on the bright side, the windshield was actually the cheapest part of the car to replace - $250 Canadian with taxes.

Before this brick incident, we also had another accident within two month, on the 401 too. That time, an idiot changing lane without checking his blind spot, and drove me right into the divider by the median. After 2 accidents, my wife and I took it as a sign and traded the Carmy in for the M5 this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 144
Damn....but yeah, you're lucky it only hit the windshield. It truly is the cheapest part. If it would have hit your hood it'd a lot more money to fix (and it probably would had broken your windshield too anyways)

Latest posts

Back