Double Din's to replace factory?

syadasti

:
Saturn Vue V6 3.5L
Does anyone know from other Mazda models, is it easy to put a double din head unit into them? Do you just need a dash adapter of some sorts with a mazda wiring harness?

I want to get the CX-7 with the regular single disc option and then put Pioneer AVIC-Z1 HU w/the bluetooth and rear view camera options - its got a better HDD based GPS system, 10GB free for mp3s, bluetooth, XM traffic integration, probably much better sound than the bose, and other features...

Do you think its worth it to upgrade the speakers to aftermarket or the HU upgrade alone will improve the sound enough?

SEMAgadgets05_440.gif

Last edited:
my best bet is to take it to a custom audio place. but you are lookin to burn some dinero that way. doubt the dealership could do it, but couldn't hurt to ask them.

should not be a big problem to custom audio places, maybe they'll have to make some changes because all bose system could have their own wires and connectors between HU, amp and speakers so it's not compatible with aftermarket audio parts... I don't know, some people don't like how bose sounds, but aftermarket sound for sure will be louder and better...

was this for a mazda 6 or the CX-7 croud specificly?

Back