In Dash CD Stalling???

7red7

:
2006 Mazda 5 S Touring
My M5 is equipped with the 6 disc in-dash CD changer, and aside from the mp3 playing withdrawls I'm going through from getting rid of my Scion xB, I only have one major gripe about it...The cd stalling when a disc ends...

Does anyone else with the in-dash changer have this problem??? My changer just stops playing the cd after the last song ends instead of automatically proceeding to load the next disc in rotation...

Am I the only one experiencing this??? Is there a setting on the stereo I'm missing??? Is there a fix for this at all???

Thanks!!!

DAN

Don't have the 5 in front of me, but make sure you don't have some repeat once option pressed or something. Sounds like you have an option pressed, check your buttons while a CD is playing to make sure. Repeat, random, etc.

Checked all of that and I can't find any options pressed...I tried the radio with random selected and it will cycle through a disc and pick a song at random, but there doesn't seem to be a feature that allows me to set up the playlist to shuffle from disc to disc to pick random songs...When I have the repeat function pressed I can have the cd that would currently be playing automatically begin again once it's finished or a single track to be replayed again...So far nothing seems to be working to fix this problem...

It should be a given for any decent stereo these days to have both a single track and full album repeat and single album and multi-disc shuffle option...If this truly is the way these radios come I'll be replacing mine really soon with something new...From what I've seen as of now, it appears to be a ajor oversight on Mazda's part in allowint the install of radios without those two basic options...

I have no issues playing CDs consecutively in order as you are attempting, so it's not Mazda's choice of players. Yours is either defective or set up incorrectly.

Maybe it's your discs? You say mp3s, have you tried regular CDs to see if this behavior is still displayed?

My radio can't play mp3's...It was the first thing I attempted to play when we brought the car home...I'll fool around with the radio some more and also test out non-cdr discs...

Found out what the problem was...The stock head unit doesn't like certain cd-r's LOL...Problem solved ;)

Back