New CX-7 Video at Edmunds.com

Sounds good...Didn't know about the use of a different turbo to boost power on the low end...I'm anxious about reading owner reports as the CX-7 is due in showrooms soon!

I wonder how much it will beable to tow. It you can put a small to mid size bass boat behind it I'll take one.

Just noticed an oddity on building one:
if you build the car and want the trailer hitch+harness, you can't get the bose/moonroof/8-way drivers seat.

1sty said:
Just noticed an oddity on building one:
if you build the car and want the trailer hitch+harness, you can't get the bose/moonroof/8-way drivers seat.

I'll have to check that out.

a lot of non trucks are taking out the moonroof option if you want the towing package... my parents jeep liberty let them get it and the uhual people told them they couldn't hual a trailer b/c of the moonroof... (we just went to another rental place)

tsunami said:
a lot of non trucks are taking out the moonroof option if you want the towing package... my parents jeep liberty let them get it and the uhual people told them they couldn't hual a trailer b/c of the moonroof... (we just went to another rental place)

This is probably because of the uni-body construction of most CUVs. In a regular truck, the hitch is mounted to the frame. Since CUVs and other uni-body cars don't have a traditional "frame" the hitch would be mounted right to the uni-body structure. This would put stresses on the structure while towning, causing the uni-body to flex. A hole in the roof covered by a glass panel wouldn't be the best thing to have overhead while the uni-body is flexing under load.

Back