seat belt beeper

theweev said:
see your dealer. he can reprogram it in about 20 mins.

do you think he can disable it?
It drives me nuts, I cant even run down the street without that annoying beep
thanks

Take passenger seatbelt and plug it in the drivers side.... we do this on the lot. But really belt up eh!!!(omg)

They hook it up to their computer and disable it. I just had my passenger side done the other day. I'll go get the driver's side done too. Like when you run out to the parking lot to get the car, or move it out of the driveway, annoying. Be prepared to pay 1/2 hour labor unless you have a cool dealer service guy.

dommo_g said:
They hook it up to their computer and disable it. I just had my passenger side done the other day. I'll go get the driver's side done too. Like when you run out to the parking lot to get the car, or move it out of the driveway, annoying. Be prepared to pay 1/2 hour labor unless you have a cool dealer service guy.

my dealer did it N/C.

my passenger side must have annoyed them at the dealership... I didn't even know there was a seat belt minder for the passenger side until I read this post.

I'm a seat belt nazi so the driver side doesn't bother me at all.

Benfolio said:
According to Mazda, you are allowed one freebie belt minder deactivation.

sweet! I am going to do that this weekend then. Yeah the beep drives me crazyyyy

Not to worry - when you're brain-dead from launching yourself through the freakin' window and smashing your witless melon on the pavement the insanity caused by the beeping will become much less relevant...(shocked)

dommo_g said:

I've been lurking on the site for while as I'll be buying a 5 soon for my wife. Now help me understanding this, you get a warning beep if the passenger side seat-belt is not buckled? Please tell me it uses a sensor to bypass the warning if no one is sitting in the seat! If so great, I feel naked being in the front row of a car without a seat-belt.

-Mike

iam1ru12 said:
I've been lurking on the site for while as I'll be buying a 5 soon for my wife. Now help me understanding this, you get a warning beep if the passenger side seat-belt is not buckled? Please tell me it uses a sensor to bypass the warning if no one is sitting in the seat! If so great, I feel naked being in the front row of a car without a seat-belt.

-Mike

It doesn't beep if no one is in the passenger seat. But, if you throw a heavy bag in that seat (like a laptop) it thinks someone is there and does go off apparently. Mine was disabled at the dealer before I picked it up.

None of the area dealers with disable this for me. Is there an alternative option? How about the wires leading to the seatbelt clip?

I don't need your lecturing asshole. It was a simple question. And for you information I always wear my seatbelt my wife wears hers and my childeren weat theirs. Sometimes the people in my passenger seat do not. Also sometimes my wife has to undo it so she can help the kids with something in the backseat while we are on a trip. So if you are not interested in helping keep your comments to yourself.

jtgary said:
I don't need your lecturing asshole. It was a simple question. And for you information I always wear my seatbelt my wife wears hers and my childeren weat theirs. Sometimes the people in my passenger seat do not. Also sometimes my wife has to undo it so she can help the kids with something in the backseat while we are on a trip. So if you are not interested in helping keep your comments to yourself.
Well said. I'm sure all of you trolls are perfect safety models 100% of the time... signal at every turn, follow at 1 car length per 10mph, and of course NEVER excede the posted speed limit (hahaspit)

Last edited:
jtgary said:

Cut the wire to/desolder the buzzer in the dash then jackass
I said nothing other than the link, the only asshole here is you.

and kiss your warranty goodbye

getting the dealer to deactivate the belt minder bulls*** is a lot easier
always wear your seat belt for obvious reasons, but having the stupid belt minder disabled is WAY better... I always move my 3 around in the driveway to shuffle cars around/wash it... and the damn beeper comes on and piss me off... so I finally got the s*** disabled

Back