Warranty changing for 2007 Mazdas

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
Just noticed this on the Mazda site in some fine print:
For 2007 the bumper-to-bumper warranty goes to 3/36, but the powertrain warranty goes to 5/60. I think this matches Toyota.

Personally, I prefer the current warranty for a car like my Protege5. But for the CX-7, with its turbo four, maybe the new plan is better?

P5w3kids said:
Just noticed this on the Mazda site in some fine print:
For 2007 the bumper-to-bumper warranty goes to 3/36, but the powertrain warranty goes to 5/60. I think this matches Toyota.

Personally, I prefer the current warranty for a car like my Protege5. But for the CX-7, with its turbo four, maybe the new plan is better?

With Hyundai and Kia offering 10/100,000 warranties, Mazda is still behind.

stangmatt66 said:
With Hyundai and Kia offering 10/100,000 warranties, Mazda is still behind.

Mazda competes with the elite company's like Honda and Toyota, there not concerned with Hyundai/Kia.

hmm, personally i like the 4/50000 bumper-to-bumper they do now better... one less set of numbers to remember lol

I think the 4/50 warranty was a competitive edge. It probably costs them a lot more in claims so I can understand the change. Thankfully current owners are grandfathered.

Either warranty probably costs about the same. But they probably felt they had to match the others' longer powertrain warranties, so the basic warranty got cut as an offset.

Mazda3 said:
Mazda competes with the elite company's like Honda and Toyota, there not concerned with Hyundai/Kia.

Mazda "thinks" they compete with toyota and honda, but those 2 companies don't have to give the deep discounts as incentives to buy. Resale is less also. I guess if you get a good deal up front you don't have to sweat the resale value. Just don't pay anything close to sticker for a mazda, or you'll lose when you re-sell.

The Toyota dealer near me sends emails offering to sell nearly every model at or below invoice ($600 below one time) pretty much every week.

Toyota and Honda dealers discount more than you assume. I think Toyota started it in their drive to grow their market share. But go on a Honda Odyssey board and see how many people claim to buy at or near invoice.

Honda doesn't offer rebates, but Toyota does, up to $2,000.

mirt said:
Mazda "thinks" they compete with toyota and honda, but those 2 companies don't have to give the deep discounts as incentives to buy. Resale is less also. I guess if you get a good deal up front you don't have to sweat the resale value. Just don't pay anything close to sticker for a mazda, or you'll lose when you re-sell.

I sadly agree with this. Mazda isn't in the same league as Honda/toyota and they do need better warranties. while I might prefer a Mazda over a Honda in terms of driving fun and value for dollar, the rest of the world does not see it that way. After owning 2 and trying to trade both Mada's, resle isn't the greatest. Do NOT pay full list for a Mazda. Mazda is getting better, and they are on a role, but they are not a Honda or Toyota yet, and in some ways that is a very good thing.

I know the attitude against Mazda is changing. More and more people I know looking for a car have these 3 companies at top of their list. Doesn't hurt that here the dealers are next to each other on the same road.

Back