CP-e CAI out for MS6

Pre-ordered as well! They have 20 in stock... sent for powder-coating... And they estimate they'll have them back by 4/10 for shipping...

P.S. 7 shops... probably 24 hours of talking later... Decided against any exhaust mods... at least for a long time... Turbo-back = engine light trouble... and cat-back is little to no performance... as the stock exhaust on speed6 is 2" all the way back anyway... and dual... really well done...

Last edited:
03MzdSpdSTP said:
holy **** 300bux for a piping and a filter!

You're thinking of the AEM CAI. This is a CP-E CAI, it has a little more 'work' done to it. (sssh)

They overnighted mine... should be here tomorrow... IF the address change works at FedEx.... They had the wrong address at first.... Strange considering my BOV setup arrived just fine from them... ANYWAY....

As for price.. i'm somewhat worried... on a civic.. or some other vehicles.. you need a TUN of pipe and fittings.. moldings... mounts.. brackets.. bla bla bla.. to get cold air from the lower front of the vehicle.. to the throttle body.. .however with the speed6... its probably 2 feet away.. if that... But when it arrives i'll take pictures of everything included... And how it fits into the speed6...

I haven't taken the stock intake a part... at least not the bottom half (top half removed for BOV install)... but the front driver side wheel well has "gills"... And almsot looks as if it has a stock CAI setup... CP-e claims on their site it only has one air inlet... which we can see is under a plastic "splash" cover just behind the headlight... But if you look down inside... it almost looks like there is a second inlet infront of the wheel well...

In either case... a wide open K&N filter.. and all that junky plastic noise dampening junk being replaced will improve performance.. and sound...

But 300 dollars worth? Time will soon tell!

price will be well worth it. Just check out their dyno sheet. It makes more power throughout the RPM range, not just above a certain RPM. not only that but they guarantee it not to throw a CEL.

There is a resonator box in the wheel well area that you will have to take out. It is a pain and you are going to have to do it from underneath the car. Let us know how the install goes and your opinions on the intake!

I'll let ya know!... However I usually take my time... check everything twice... Re-installed my BOV 4x I think tryin to make sure it was perfect (first BOV install so thats partly why)...

I'll def take lots of pictures of parts... holes.. screws... and such... If it ends up being a simple.. quick install that my girlfriend could have done... I'll delete the pictures and write... 30 second install a blind man could do... (she has hard time plugging a lan cable in)

Anyways, i'm sure the install and quick and easy... Once you bolt off the factory plastic junk... it should fit right in... And i'm sure.. unlike AEM.. and a lot of other junk suppliers... CP-e provided mounting brackets and such... which will fit right in (at least I hope).... My civic short ram intake was a fun install... took me an hour to find a mounting bolt and bend the bracket so it would matchup with the intake...

Based on other installs, be ready to twist your arm, fingers, and hands.

To get the entire stock air box out can be a pain. Some even take off the bumper, although that isn't necessary.

Thanks for all the info. I emailed the CP-e guy and he said it would be an easy install and they provide detailed instructions so I'm hopeful.

kwbdc said:
Thanks for all the info. I emailed the CP-e guy and he said it would be an easy install and they provide detailed instructions so I'm hopeful.

No c-clip / snap-ring.... = easy install no matter what!

Its just bolt on.. bolt off... as long as you pay attention to what you disconnect and where you put the bolts... even if you end up taking apart more than you needed to... it will just bolt back together...

The instruction they provided with my BOV could have been really good... They were step by step... and had pictures... however they missed a few important points during the install... and added some extra steps you don't need... So lets hope they do a better job with the intake!

You can prep for the CP-E Xcel install by doing the airbox mod and removing the resonator that is below the airbox. I know that made my MAFci install a little bit easier with the resonator already off.

Attachments

• airboxmod1.jpg
    airboxmod1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 292
Raynman said:
You can prep for the CP-E Xcel install by doing the airbox mod and removing the resonator that is below the airbox. I know that made my MAFci install a little bit easier with the resonator already off.

Noob question.. what is MAFci?

PerfectXtreme said:
Noob question.. what is MAFci?

CP-E MAFci

"...each kit comes with a high flow intake and MAF Customizer with a preset base map."

Basically, the best induction kit for us non-boosted Mazda 6 guys.

Last edited:
Just installed the CPE intake... Was a pain in the butt... and took some time to make sure everything was correct... and I'm still not sure how the factory hose is supposed to be connected and still leave room for the TMIC cover... I got the cover back on... but its flexed up a bit...

Back