Show Off Your Tint

Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Heya

Oh heck lets show off our tint jobs eh. 25 % on fronts 20% Sides and rear. Post your pic for all to see :cool:
btw you can see out the passenger window from the windshield view but on drivers side you can't see in eh..... yup on passenger side you can't see in

Attachments

• Mazda 5 Apr 2006 Tinted.jpg
    Mazda 5 Apr 2006 Tinted.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:
Stock rims. Toyo Tires what ever came with the car.... but they are 16 inch 205R55 I think

Last edited:
Zoom5Zoom said:
Stock rims. Toyo Tires what ever came with the car.... but they are 16 inch 205R55 I think

hmmm... so canadian 5's got 16's and the us got the 17's... interesting... i guess since the canadian 5's has all these options and we don't, they try to make us feel better and gave us the bigger rims....(ughdance)

geezerz99 said:
hmmm... so canadian 5's got 16's and the us got the 17's... interesting... i guess since the canadian 5's has all these options and we don't, they try to make us feel better and gave us the bigger rims....(ughdance)

We have 2 models GS that comes with 16" rims and the GT which comes with 17" rims.

Tint Pics

Here's my '5' with tint from the dealer....Not quite sure what the % is, but it's not too dark.
In Calgary we aren't allowed to tint the front windows like some of the other provinces.

Attachments

• 5GT_1 005.jpg
    5GT_1 005.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 686
Heya CanadianExpress

I can quote a good policemen I know from Ontario..... If you get stopped and they walk up to your window and say you have a tint which you can not see in they will pull there guns out. So to keep it simple if you can see in through the front window in Ontario you should be ok. As for the sides and rear they don't have a real limit. Remember one thing... you tell me a cop who can tell what percentage it is anyways (shocked)

Zoom5Zoom said:
... you tell me a cop who can tell what percentage it is anyways (shocked)
Around here the police have some kind of electronic doo-dad that can measure light transmittance.

Zoom5Zoom said:
Heya CanadianExpress

I can quote a good policemen I know from Ontario..... If you get stopped and they walk up to your window and say you have a tint which you can not see in they will pull there guns out. So to keep it simple if you can see in through the front window in Ontario you should be ok. As for the sides and rear they don't have a real limit. Remember one thing... you tell me a cop who can tell what percentage it is anyways (shocked)

Good to know about the cop thing. The main reason for tinting the windows is for my 17 month old in his child seat seating in the rear.

Be careful going down to Miami or the Keys (as I see a lot of Canadian tourists there) as the cops can pull you over and slice your tints if they deem necessary. I was harassed when younger because I had 25% I think on the fronts. They said that was illegal in Miami also but not really enforced. As a parent now, I went legal on the front and 5% ( I think) on the rears. I'll try and snap some pics.

I have 20% in the front and 10% at the rear. You can see through the front windows. They look like 5% at night. I have no trouble seeing through the rear window at night.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 448
antlind said:
Here's my '5' with tint from the dealer....Not quite sure what the % is, but it's not too dark.
In Calgary we aren't allowed to tint the front windows like some of the other provinces.

Thanks antlind. Wanted to see how my Platinum Silver 5 would look. In NH they don't allow tint on the front windows either, unless you get a waiver. We may be moving though, so I think I'll wait until we know the regulations of the state we end up in.

Our Platinum 5 has 20% in the back and 35% (legal limit) on the driver and passenger windows.

Sorry about the crappy picture, it's off my camera phone.
2315030_1_full.jpg

Back