luminescent gauge?

dracore

The GT model features a electroluminescent gauges with blue indirect lighting. What exactly does that look like?

From the gallery pics on the Mazda website it shows that the gauges are boring red/orange gauges (like Mazda3) ...but is that for the GT? There's no blue lighting of any sort...

Or will it look like the gauges on the new Japan's Mazda MPV (pic below) -- I hope this will be in the CX-7 because they look so much better!

Last edited:
The CX-7 electroluminescent gauges are red, so it's not like the new MPV gauges.

In the picture posted above, there's some blue lighting left-below of the 'x1000r/min' text - the CX-7 blue indirect lighting is similar to that (but the numerals themselves are red).

blue lighting

dracore said:
The GT model features a electroluminescent gauges with blue indirect lighting. What exactly does that look like?

From the gallery pics on the Mazda website it shows that the gauges are boring red/orange gauges (like Mazda3) ...but is that for the GT? There's no blue lighting of any sort...

Or will it look like the gauges on the new Japan's Mazda MPV (pic below) -- I hope this will be in the CX-7 because they look so much better!

I have an Rx8 and it has blue tint lighting just as you start it....just a bluish glow...really cool!

I read somewhere the CX-7 gauge lighting is the same as the RX-8:

1. unlock the car, the gauges are bathed in blue indirect light
2. start the car and the lights are white with red pointers
3. turn on the headlights and the numbers go red with red pointers
4. with the headlights on, move the dimmer switch all the way up, the guages will go back to white with red pointers just like with the lights off. (This is useful on rainy days when you need headlights but it's not dark enough out to see the red guages.)

I tried to google some pictures, but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
stangmatt66 said:
I read somewhere the CX-7 gauge lighting is the same as the RX-8:

1. unlock the car, the gauges are bathed in blue indirect light
2. start the car and the lights are white with red pointers
3. turn on the headlights and the numbers go red with red pointers
4. with the headlights on, move the dimmer switch all the way up, the guages will go back to white with red pointers just like with the lights off. (This is useful on rainy days when you need headlights but it's not dark enough out to see the red guages.)

I tried to google some pictures, but couldn't find anything.
here's a crappy pic of the blue indirect lights on the gauges
MVC-008S.JPG

1144735114916_2004_Mazda_RX8_6163D_010.jpg

Last edited:
Back