CAI now available for the 5

I emailed them about a month ago and they said they were working on one. They just emailed me this update so we are now in business for CAI. Below is what they wrote me.

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2006 MAZDA 5 2.3L. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2006 5 2.3L L4 F/I All Typhoon Kit (CCA) 69-6010TR Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Red
2006 5 2.3L L4 F/I All Typhoon Kit (CCA) 69-6010TS Typhoon; Complete Cold-Air; Silver

We appreciate your feedback, and we use product requests like yours to help us determine what new products to develop in the future. We will notify you again if any additional products become available for this type of vehicle. More information about our complete line of products is available at www.knfilters.com. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for choosing K&N!

$282...ouch. That's 3" intake pricing there. This is probably 2 1/4". Adding a CAI won't void your warranty. If you have a dealer service guy who wants to be a dick, he can hassle you, but that's about it. I wonder if any other dealers will have this at a better price.

Back