Three windows don't work

stillflat4

Contributor
:
2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT
Before I call the dealer and look stupid, is there any reason why only the driver's window could be controlled by the driver's door?

And before the answer looks obvious, the power window lock on the driver's door is released. The three little triple-lights on the window buttons on the driver's door go out when I push the lock, and when I release the lock, they light up again. Doesn't make a bit of difference. Still can't roll down any of the other windows. If I go to the particular door with the window, those controls DO roll down the window, so I know they work...

Sound like a broken power window lock or something? Fuse?

If you disconnect the battery, or unplug the drivers door switch, you need to re-learn the other widows to the master switch.

Roll each window all the way down and then all the way back up from the door switches(at fully open and fully closed hold the switch for about 2 seconds extra).

ssinstaller said:
If you disconnect the battery, or unplug the drivers door switch, you need to re-learn the other widows to the master switch.

Roll each window all the way down and then all the way back up from the door switches(at fully open and fully closed hold the switch for about 2 seconds extra).

Are you serious? Wow that's wild. Why would they over-computerize and over-complicate things like that?

ssinstaller said:

Damn! That totally did the trick... Thanks so much!!

This forum rocks...

Last edited:
ssinstaller said:

You will hear a clicking noise when it is completed correctly.

The windows on the Ms6 all have an auto-down feature. They need to know where the window is so that pinch protection and other features can work correctly.

BlkZoomZoom said:

The windows on the Ms6 all have an auto-down feature. They need to know where the window is so that pinch protection and other features can work correctly.

Oh so my mom's Altima probably does this too because it has auto up and down on the windows. I guess it hasn't ever had the battery disconnected.

BlkZoomZoom said:

Nice to hear the underlying reason. I am also really glad you all were able to help fix the windows so easily. I would have felt bad if his car had started screwing up badly after we raved about the MS6 so much that he actually went out and bought one. :)

seanw said:
Nice to hear the underlying reason. I am also really glad you all were able to help fix the windows so easily. I would have felt bad if his car had started screwing up badly after we raved about the MS6 so much that he actually went out and bought one. :)

And you just KNOW I would've been ALL over your guys' s*** for it!!!!

(wink)

s'all good, mah brothas...

The funny thing is, first thing I did was RTM, and I couldn't find a damn thing about it in there... Nothing in the "quick manual" the dealer gave me either...

Unless I missed it. (braindead

Another query

I am having problems with my power windows on 1998 mazda protege.Only the driver side window works.I took it to a mechanic and he hecked and said the motor(s) on windows were all fine and i needed to replace the master switch.
Now my question is if master switch was a problem how would the driver window work?I have not had my battery disconnected or unplugged the master switch.So do i need to buy a new master switch(very hard to find one) OR is there any other way to check it?

Are they all one-touch by chance? I know on our MS6's.. you have to re-program the windows sometimes... usually after power-loss

atifosi said:
I am having problems with my power windows on 1998 mazda protege.Only the driver side window works.I took it to a mechanic and he hecked and said the motor(s) on windows were all fine and i needed to replace the master switch.
Now my question is if master switch was a problem how would the driver window work?I have not had my battery disconnected or unplugged the master switch.So do i need to buy a new master switch(very hard to find one) OR is there any other way to check it?

More than likely it is the master switch. I have seen a couple do exactly what you are describing.

or send it to the how-to forum for the 6 maybe?

"How-to: omg my windows aren't working!"

"How-to: re-learn windows after disconnecting battery"?

Latest posts

Back