Warranty Issues Anyone Know?

PerfectXtreme

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
Anyone have any legal links or information about what voids warranty in the mazda world?

If you add a CAI (Cold air intake) does that void entire engine warranty? If you add an exhaust... or just an exhaust tip? I'm trying to find legal links or information as far as what the dealership can consider "void" modifications.... and what they can't....

It would probably be in your best interest to visit the Mazdaspeed Protege section and do some searching about "warranty issues". Many of us have had them in the past few years. Mazda is extremely picky about aftermarket parts. Some dealers have even attempted to void warranties due to the installation of a boost guage.

My advice to you in a nutshell is, DO NOT LET THE DEALER SEE ANY AFTERMARKET ENGINE PARTS ON YOUR CAR. Many MSP owners have made this mistake and there are some of us driving around with less than 20,000 miles and no warranty due to minor mods.

My dealer did not give me s*** about my boost guage or short shifter when they replaced my block, however, they tried to give me s*** about a CAI that they had never even seen on my car. They told me that they could tell, I told them to prove it and I guess they did not feel like fighting. I was lucky really, compared to a lot of fellow MSP owners. They ended up giving me a brand new shortblock, due to a defective wrist pin. However, I'm sure my friends at the dealership had some influence on this.

If you want to mod your car, go ahead, it's a lot of fun. But if you do, you should not really expect to be covered by warranty. Regardless of the law, dealerships, not to mention Mazda North America, have a lot bigger guns when it comes to lawsuits, etc., always remember that.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I'm trying to say. If your slick, you may be able to make warranty work for you. But don't count on it.

DO NOT LET THE DEALER SEE ANY AFTERMARKET ENGINE PARTS ON YOUR CAR.

best piece of advice....if you're not prepared to remove aftermarket parts before going into get warranty work either 1) forget your warranty or 2) dont mod...

yeah when you go to the Mazdaspeed website it shows the Racing flywheel and short throw shifter etc, Short throw doesn't affect warranty, but clutch and flywheel do.
It sure would be nice to have that Flywheel though.

I think that you could probably get away with the clutch and flywheel, so long as they do not have mess with the tranny. Those things aren't really visible mods. However, if they ever had to take the engine out or work on the tranny, you would probably have problems. Hence, if you needed major warranty work (blown LSD or motor) you would get screwed.

Back