Newbe Here

I just bought a Mazda5 Touring for my wife last week. So far so good. It is black on black with the all weather floor mats, cargo liner, cargo net, seat covers and remote start. I need to take it back to the dealer though because when they installed the remote start they screwed something up with the lights so now the interior lights don't work. Other then that though I really like it. We have two little ones so this is a perfect vehicle for us. I belong to another forum for my truck which is a Chevy Colorado Xtreme so I am pretty familiar with forums. I hope to learn a little bit more about the Mazda5 here. Looking forward to talking to everybody. (thumb)

Last edited:
ColoradoXtreme said:
...cargo liner, cargo net, seat covers
How did your dealer install the third row seat cover in combination with the vinyl cargo liner?

I ask because the only way I could do both was to first install the liner then cover it with the seat back cover which seems kinda silly and leaves the seat cover susceptible to soil/damage (screwy)

WhitewaterPearl said:
How did your dealer install the third row seat cover in combination with the vinyl cargo liner?

I ask because the only way I could do both was to first install the liner then cover it with the seat back cover which seems kinda silly and leaves the seat cover susceptible to soil/damage (screwy)

I actually installed the seat covers and I did it liner first, then the seat cover. I am not worried about the seat cover getting messed up. I bought them so I wouldn't mess the original seats up that way whenever I trade it in, I can get the most back if I have seats wiht no stains or tears. I just think of it as an extra layer between cargo and my seat. I will take pictures and show you what it look like once it stops raining. It actually looks better this way I think.

Well, I took the 5 back to the dealer on Monday and they still have it. They are not sure how long they are going to have it either. Kind of blows. I guess the only good thing about it is that they gave me a Mazda Tribute as a loaner car. I am going to Kings Dominion this weekend so I will just put the miles on that instead of the 5. haha When I get it back from them I will defiently take some pictures of the seat covers for you though.

Back