Rear Cargo Mat

Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Heya

Got a the new Rear Cargo Mat.....it is vinyl like material which moves independent of the rear seats (up or down). Cost about 55 CDN Buxs and took 2 min to install.

Attachments

• cargo mat.jpg
    cargo mat.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 555
  • cargo mat 2 up.jpg
    cargo mat 2 up.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 567
looks good in the car.

Where did you order it?? I tried in toronto and no one carries it. I had to get my mother in law in california to get it and over there she has to wait 3 days b4 it gets to the dealer.

DOn't know why no dealers in the GTA carry this product?

Zoom5Zoom said:
Heya

Got a the new Rear Cargo Mat.....it is vinyl like material which moves independent of the rear seats (up or down). Cost about 55 CDN Buxs and took 2 min to install.

Cool...I want one. Where did you get it from?

Also, what is that thing holding the gallon bottle of windshield wiper fluid? Does it work well?

Wow, you need something, look at that bumper!

I wish it had a seamed edge, or something not padded but more rugged. That looks like it could be punctured.

Pureimport... funny thing is its shipped from TO to us in ottawa here. I ordered the item like 2 months ago and it arrived just couple of days ago. You should have it availible in GTA soon. BTW I'm at the weston tomorrow buddy on lakeshore so drive by in front and beep your horn 20 times I may see ya... :)

Wuster its from canada EH.....holder works fine keeps that damn windshield washer at par.

Hey kid the bumper is fine just frozen water left over from a cleaning that day hell its still cold in canada.

Last edited:
Zoom5Zoom said:
Heya

Is this cargo mat aftermarket or mazda original and where can I find it (Living in the GTA).

Thanks.

Zoom5Zoom said:
Hey kid the bumper is fine just frozen water left over from a cleaning that day hell its still cold in canada.

Ah, don't see frozen water outdoors here much in Florida ;)

Zoom5Zoom said:
Wuster its from canada EH.....holder works fine keeps that damn windshield washer at par.

I did as Zoom5Zoom suggested and filed down the anchor points on the washer holder so it doesn't puncture the vinly of the mat, and stuck some double-sided velcro underneath. That thing ain't moving!! (thumb)

Hows the durability of this? Does it stay in place well, particularly with one or both seats in the up position (does if slouch and fall when upright)? Would you recommend it?

Im eyeing up this and the bumper plate with some Christmas cash :)

Durability is good. Been in our 5 since April and even with both dogs back there regularily, long nails and all, they haven't ripped it or punctured it. Back seats don't see alot of UP time, but it does tend to bulge out at the bottom when you do fold them vertical, but it can be easily tucked for a cleaner appearance. Speaking of clean, it wins HANDS DOWN for ease to clean. Much easier than trying to get mud or whatever out of the seat fabric and carpet back there.

jandree22 said:
Hows the durability of this? Does it stay in place well, particularly with one or both seats in the up position (does if slouch and fall when upright)? Would you recommend it?

Im eyeing up this and the bumper plate with some Christmas cash :)

Its stays in place and when rear seat is back it looks just like pic 2 that was posted.

Jandree,
The bumper step plate is a definite must have option, especially with the little one on the way. The cargo mat is a question mark. It does cover the seatbacks and floor, but it can be a pain in the backside when you are putting the seats up, it has a tendency to just bubble up in the back rather than tuck into the groove between the seats and the cargo tray. I picked mine up used on ebay for $15.00, but I wouldn't recomend it. You would be better served by a cheap thick blanket stored under one of the second row seats that you could throw down when suspect cargo is being placed in the back. Just my 2 cents. Hope you and yours had a happy holiday :).

Opus, can you read minds or something? Your post is like EXACTLY the conversation I had with my wife about this!

lol, yeah, heres the deal. Last night I did order the bumper step plate from the link a few posts back for $32. AFAIK thats on its way. My wife also mentioned about the blanket thing to lay down over the rear of the car to block dirt and water. No it wont be quite as waterproof or OEM looking, but it WILL be cheaper and we can just shake it out when need be. I may still get it sometime though not sure.

Back