wiring harness or daigram for stereo

Kid Red

:
Mazda 5
wiring harness or diagram for stereo

Hey all. I want better sound! The 5's stereo sucks compared to the 3 stock system to my surprise. Anyways, I've replaced the fronts and will be moving onto the rears and I will be amping them and possibly adding a JL Audio 6" sub to the back rear compartment because I need some bass.

So, my dilemma is I will have to add a line converter to the speaker wires to then run to the amp. I've never done this type of set up, so I have no idea which wires would be for the speakers. I could find out what the fronts are by removing my panels again, but I don't know what the rear wires are. Also, I need a antenna or other signal remote wire.

Any help with that? Or suggestions? I'm looking into an Alpine 250 4 channel that SHOULD fit under the passenger chair. THen I could possibly bridge the rear channel for the rears and the 6.5" sub.

Last edited:
Well, I just opened it up and figured it out. If anyone wants to know what the speaker wires are and the remote wire just let me know, I wrote them down.

when you opened her up was the connector for the optional MD/CAsette a standard ISO connector like you get on the back of a normal stereo?

Do you have a diagram of the back of the stereo? Ive been searching and cant seem to find any. I just need to know the constant power, ign. or memory, and ground (just want to tap into it instead of a bolt on the car). Thanks for any help.

I wrote down the colors for speakers and ignition, but didn't need anything else. I'll see if I can did it up. I think it was yellow with grey dots but I could be wrong, let me verify that first.

The connector can be seen on the AuxMod unit, as it plugs into the tape connector. It's a long pin connector, I'm not sure if it's ISO, or what not.

Back