Differences between US and Canadian models

Huttcraft

I can understand why the speedometers and perhaps some of the safety gear would be different between US and Canadian-spec models, but what's the explanation for the other differences? For instance we just got our 5 here in Canada -- a GT MT -- and I confirmed with the salesman that it had a 6-disc in-dash changer as I'd read online. Well in fact it doesn't. That's only the American version.

It seems to me differences like that create more administrative headaches and expenses than they're worth for Mazda. They can't simply adapt the US literature, for instance, for Canadian consumption. Why would the standard convenience options between the two markets be different?

Dave

The 6 CD changer is a dealer-installed option in Canada (and in the US too, if memory serves?).

Huttcraft said:
all indicate that the 6-disc changer is standard in the GT. I don't know what to make of it.

Those are all US sources.

Packaging in Canada and US is different and this is not just for Mazdas. The source for Canadian-spec is http://www.mazda.ca

Cruise control?

HI,
just wondering if cruise control is standard on the touring Mazda 5 in the US? For us in Canada, does anyone know if it can be installed by the dealer?

Thanks

Matt

Mazda 5 -3weeks

cruise is included in the Canadian GT package, not in the Cdn GS package. It is not readily available from Mazda as an accessory, however there have been sightings of the necessary pieces on eBay. I'd be careful about what you're getting from an unknown vendor on eBay - ask a qualified tech about what pieces you'll need. Check with past buyers on their success with a vendor's 'package'.

Cruise control IS available on the base GS model in Canada as a dealer installed option.
It is the very same as the one used on the Mazda 3 .
Price.........aoutch..... $400.00 installed.
The finished product is exactly the same as the factory installed on the GT model

jackd said:
Cruise control IS available on the base GS model in Canada as a dealer installed option.
It is the very same as the one used on the Mazda 3 .
Price.........aoutch..... $400.00 installed.
The finished product is exactly the same as the factory installed on the GT model

Thanks for the correction. I was misinformed by "my" dealer (but I long since decided I won't be going back there any time soo... er, ever.
(deadhorse

I challenge the statement 400 bux same as GT model installation in Canada. We have aftermarket cruise which has been used on Mazda 3 since 2004. This control handle extends from the steering column beside the headlight controls. This handle is like a stubby turn signal.

Sorry but I could be wrong but to get the steering wheel version. But I do recall seeing a ebay version.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Would be nice to hear from someone that actually had it installed in his GS. I would think it be the exact same thing as on the Mazda 3? (huh)

Matt

from an ottawa perpective it is the same aftermarket installation as we use on the Mazda 3. It is a post on the column for controls.

Zoom5Zoom:
The cruise control I have seen is installed on the steering wheel, just like the original system factory installed on the GT with no additional parts on the steering column.
It is not listed in the Mazda 5 parts list but is part of the Mazda 3 parts list.
My dealer tells me they have already intalled a few on the 5.
But given the prices, I walked away.

Back