CX-7's at Mazda SoCal

:
17 CX-9 GT FWD
Took these pic's of CX-7 at Mazda in Irvine Ca today. Also saw White & Icy Blue. :)
Our order was due to be built last week. Size is a little larger than Lexus RX330

Attachments

• CX-7 front.jpg
    CX-7 front.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 672
  • CX-7 side.jpg
    CX-7 side.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 841
  • CX-7 view.jpg
    CX-7 view.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
yesiownaskyline said:
ugh, it looks like the pacifica... Way to americanize styling mazda...

Someone else told me that and my response was: "You're INSANE!"

Howthe hell does the CX-7 look like a Chrysler?

Maybe you can't see straight because the lines on the pacifica are completely different...They are straight...taught...The CX-7 is sexy and sporty...Don't even get me started on the front-end differences!
05.chrysler.pacifica.500.jpg

The back is even worse...It looks like a minivan! The CX-7 from the rear looks really nice...It has those pronounced rear fenders/hips...again...Totally different!
2005-Chrysler-Pacifica-05101491990002.JPG

A lot of people think it looks like the Murano. I dont see this either as its shape is closer to the Lexus RX330. It is not a competitor to the Lexus as they are in a different price catagory although they have similar style with the CX-7 being much more exciting. Cant wait for ours to get here.

Pictures really do not do this vehicle justice. You really need to see it in person, on the road to make a final decision. Just like most of you I thought it didn't look good in pics or at the LA Auto Show, but when I saw it in person on the freeway, it looked awesome!

i honestly dont see a big market for this at all. there is not alot of room in the rear or the trunk. its quick, but not a sports car. so you are sorta canceling out the selling points of each style. just doesnt seem practical enough for either end. i do think it looks good and hope it performs well. awd would have been a big selling point. you cant even have fun without it in the winter.

oh s*** u can get awd. +2 points :) whats different between its engine and the ms6?

jeffmsp said:
oh s*** u can get awd. +2 points :) whats different between its engine and the ms6?
Tuned differently, very beefy low-end torque curve for an SUV versus more hp for a sportscar (all relative of course, as there's quite a bit of torque on the Mazdaspeed6!).

Unoffical Photos

Good work ,we all would like many more pictures like this. There is nothing like consumer/amateur photos to get a more realistic understanding of this new model!

I'm excited to see how it does. I'm not in the market to buy one now, but in a year or two, it could be a nice step up from the p5. The other choice is a M6wagon...

Back