HKS SSQV installed on my MS6

ssinstaller

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
The Street Concepts adaptor plate fits perfectly, but that HKS snap ring is a PITA!!.. Even with the snap ring issues, the install only took about 15~20 minutes.

It sounds great, and unlike the Mazdaspeed protege, it looks like there are no problems with running the MS6 with a VTA blow off valve.

P1000749.jpg

P1000750.jpg

It looks like it's hiding.

For future reference, take off the outer housing via the little allen-head bolts surrounding the front of the BOV. After that, the snap ring is MUCH easier to get on and off.

And yes, I had to learn that one the hard way. There was much cursing. It was horrible.

35ounce said:
nice, how is it holding up? did you have to move the maf sensor?

Everythings running fine.

didn't do anything with the MAF. I just took off the factory BOV, and bolted the adaptor and HKS BOV in its place.

congrats! this is the same bov i'm running and i'm in love with it. and amen on the hks snap ring. damn it's black heart...

WHERE can i get that clip to mount on the blow off????? i need it A.S.A.P
please let me know

if someone can get me that clip for the blow off and ship it to me i will pay right away . please let me know
thanks guys

p5freek said:
if someone can get me that clip for the blow off and ship it to me i will pay right away . please let me know
thanks guys
If you are talking about the adapter plate so you can fit the HKS bov, Street Concepts makes them for the MS6 their number is 303-341-2160.

Pretzellogic said:
For future reference, take off the outer housing via the little allen-head bolts surrounding the front of the BOV. After that, the snap ring is MUCH easier to get on and off.

And yes, I had to learn that one the hard way. There was much cursing. It was horrible.

With your comment and others comments about the snap ring, I knew it was going to be a pita - and I thought I was prepared for a rough install, but if I never see another freaking snap ring again it will still be too soon.

I used the recirc fitting and am running it in recirculation mode (like a bpv). I only became interested in it when I saw folks saying that boost was holding longer before falling past 5500 rpms. I have had the HKS installed for two days and I have to agree that it does seem like boost is holding longer and seems to build quicker. I wonder if the stock bpv is a weak link and was bleeding off boost. Looks like there is an additional benefit to this other than just the sound it makes.

I just finished my first full tank of gas since I installed the HKS SSQV. Running VTA had no effect on my gas mileage. Before the BOV install I was averaging about 19.9 mpg, my first full tank with the BOV installed was 20.97 mpg. That is 100% city driving for both tanks, and I think I drove the car harder after the BOV install.

Ok im 90% decided to get this BOV. They only thing that bothers me is what is a PITA about the snap ring?? Do I gotta be like a professional mechanic to do this?? And what is all the parts I would need to start ordering them. thanks

Back