Wiper blade sizes

:
00 Ford ZX2 S/R, 02 Toyota Sienna (formerly a 06 Mazda 5)
Does anyone know what size wiper blades the 5 takes? I called Mazda and they said they don't have a size, they only have a part number. How do you change the rear wiper too?

2 different sizes. so you have to buy 2 separate packages. on the upside you'll be buying a years worth of wipers @ once.

NoRotor said:
just bought some 2 days ago

19" passenger, 21" driver is stock size, i went 20" and 22" though

didnt replace the rear so i dunno

That number does not look correct for the mazda 5, maybe you have mistaked for the protege?. I don't remember the exact size, but the driver one was around 28 or 30 inches and the passerger was around 20 inches ( once again it has been a while since I have put on the winter blades). I left the original on for the rear, since I could not find anything that resemble that shape.

canadianexpress said:
That number does not look correct for the mazda 5, maybe you have mistaked for the protege?. I don't remember the exact size, but the driver one was around 28 or 30 inches and the passerger was around 20 inches ( once again it has been a while since I have put on the winter blades). I left the original on for the rear, since I could not find anything that resemble that shape.

yes i edited, probably while you were posting since the site is really slow this week

It's been a while since I've looked at the rear wiper..I remember thinking that it would probably be a Mazda only part since it's kinda integrated into the wiper arm. I'm not sure but you might be able to get a refill to work. Just be careful since all refills ARE NOT the same. Some are wide, some are skinny, some have flat metal pieces to hold them in, others have a plastic 'chassis'. If you do decide to experiment, be gentle with it. It would also help to find a friendly autoparts store that will let you try a couple of different refills so you can see what will fit (that is, if anything will fit).

The sizes are Driver 26" and passenger 16". It is likely cheaper just to measure the rear size and get a wiper that matches. I did that with the rear wiper in my Quest. It did not have the nice integrated look but wipes normally.

I just bought replacement blades and of course couldn't find anything in my local auto parts store on the rear wiper. Has anyone yet managed to replace their rear blade without going to Mazda?

"I just bought replacement blades and of course couldn't find anything in my local auto parts store on the rear wiper. Has anyone yet managed to replace their rear blade without going to Mazda?"

I used a Bosch 12" blade, pulled the rubber blade out, the rubber shape & profile is identicle to the original oem blade, slipped right on.

also, I use Valeo Ultimate blades on front (26"&16"), awesome performance and very slick looking as well. I think TireRack still has a 2 Valeo blades for 1 sale going on.

Last edited:
NYMZ5, thanks for the tip. I was at the dealer this morning and was told the rear wiper blade would cost $17, which I didn't think was too bad for a dealer, but they don't even have the wiper blade in stock. So I'll drop the auto parts store and see if I can find a 12" Bosch blade.

Back