Saw my first CX-7 on the freeway...pic!

stangmatt66

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 & 2005 Toyota Prius
I work in Costa Mesa and take the 55frwy North in the evenings. With Mazda having so many offices in the Irvine/Costa Mesa area, I always see Mazda vehicles. The CX-7 I saw was Electric Blue Mica, with distribution plates, and looked HOT! I was so shocked to see it on the freeway and it looked amazing! The CX-7 looks so futuristic, like the RX-8, that it really stood out!

I rode next to the guy for as long as I could and completely drooled. I've been looking at a sporty CUV to replace my RX-8 and have been considering the Murano, FX35, Ford Edge and others, but the CX-7 is now on the top of my list.

cx7.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Im trying to talk my mom into getting one since she's looking for something smaller than the gas guzzling navigator she has.

Thanks for that pic, man! It really puts it into perspective, relative to other vehicles in terms of size. Now I'm ready for a test drive! Lucky guy to actually get to drive it already.

GAMacky said:
Thanks for that pic, man! It really puts it into perspective, relative to other vehicles in terms of size. Now I'm ready for a test drive! Lucky guy to actually get to drive it already.

I had originally put the CX-7 at the bottom of my list because when I saw it at the LA Auto show it looked tiny. On the road, however, it looks much bigger and better proportioned. As for the guy, I'm sure he works for Mazda. He was wearing a Mazda jacket.

Thanks so much for posting that highway photo! It does help get a grip on what it looks like in relation to other cars on the road.
I've just started researching and hope to purchase a new vehicle this Spring.
The CX-7, Nissan Murano, Ford Edge, and Jeep Compass, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape have all been in my scope. CX-7 and Murano are favorites right now - though a few people seemed concerned that the CX7 is only 4cyl when I tell them it's my first choice.
I haven't much info on the EDGE or Compass at this point.
But I don't need need to climb up the sides of mountains or anything...but want something that looks as good as th CX7 and is fun to drive ...and I can possibly drive onto the beach/sand at the Cape. Extremely light "off-rounding" - if that even qualifies. The AWD wouldn't hurt in New England Winters either.

Looks great.

Thansk again for the photo.

-D

stangmatt66 said:
I work in Costa Mesa and take the 55frwy North in the evenings. With Mazda having so many offices in the Irvine/Costa Mesa area, I always see Mazda vehicles. The CX-7 I saw was Electric Blue Mica, with distribution plates, and looked HOT! I was so shocked to see it on the freeway and it looked amazing! The CX-7 looks so futuristic, like the RX-8, that it really stood out!

I rode next to the guy for as long as I could and completely drooled. I've been looking at a sporty CUV to replace my RX-8 and have been considering the Murano, FX35, Ford Edge and others, but the CX-7 is now on the top of my list.

cx7.jpg

(cool) and extra points for scoring a pic! Even in that quick shot you can already see how it stands out! Looks like mazda will have another hot seller on it's hands...With great looks and a SWEET engine...I would NOT be surprised to see the CX-7 attract a lot of 1st timers to the Mazda "camp".

Word is the CX-7 will go on sale in spring '06!

Back