Euro-spec Mazda 5 & OEM cruise control kit

mietaa

:
Mazda5 2.0 Touring, Brilliant Black
Hi,

I'm currently waiting for my new Brilliant Black euro-spec 2.0 Mazda5, should arrive within 2 weeks.. and already I'm looking to get some goodies installed :)

Due to whatever Mazda policy, the euro models (or at least the ones sold in Finland) do not have the OEM cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, and it is not even available as an accessory. So, either I need to get an aftermarket cruise.. or, get the necessary parts and do a nice & tidy solution.

So, a couple of questions, hope there's someone that could help:

- Are the buttons the same as in Mazda3 or Mazda6?
- Is the control box the same as in Mazda3 or Mazda6?
- Is the steering wheel pre-wired even if the buttons are missing?
- What does the connector to the control box look like? I would imagine that the wiring loom is the same.

cruise control buttons are same as mazda3, but not mazda6 due to different steering wheel design

the clock spring may have the connections to support the cruise control buttons, but all the actual wiring will not be there

mazdadude said:
Hello,

No affiliation to the ebay seller, but here is what I found on ebay!

A genuine Mazda5 Crusie Control Kit!!!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Keep Zooming!

Yep, I found the same thing yesterday on eBay.. that would be spot on. Unfortunately the seller ships only to USA/Canada. I'll have to ask what the part numbers are.

Then again, as for my original masterplan is concerned: who knows what differences there are between USA/Canada spec and euro-spec when looking at the tiny details. For instance, if Mazda has bothered to do the roof racks differently, it's quite likely that there are differences on the electrics as well.

Anyways, thanks for the help so far!

True, the auction says "we ship worldwide", but the text is a copy/paste job on all the stuff he's selling. For the hardware it's Canada/US of A only - so no luck there..

Back