winter tires

mazda6gal

I know the tires on the speed6 stink, so in search of a low cost option I am thinking that I Can get a set of tires and rims that will fit the speed 6 pretty cheaply. I was thinking i could get the regular 6 rims and tires but i was reding that they will not fit on the speed... What are my other options? Can I get a used set of rims and tires with the same offset and what not from another car?

Thanks

Michelle

as long as they have the same bolt pattern and fit over the brakes you should be fine!

mazda6gal said:
I know the tires on the speed6 stink, so in search of a low cost option I am thinking that I Can get a set of tires and rims that will fit the speed 6 pretty cheaply. I was thinking i could get the regular 6 rims and tires but i was reding that they will not fit on the speed... What are my other options? Can I get a used set of rims and tires with the same offset and what not from another car?

Thanks

Michelle

I looked into this when I got my speed6. I was told that the regular 6 wheels will fit, as long as you use the 17" ones. I don't believe the 16" wheels will clear the brakes.

That would be the best i think, the regular 6 wheels... I can get a set fairly cheaply around here.. does any1 else know any cars that have the same bolt pattern?

thanx

honda/acura with 5 bolts have the same 114.3 x 5 patterns and threads on the bolts....i'm not sure if those wheels will clear the calipers though

Do you all know if there is anyway to find out what other wheels will fit or even if the regular 6 wheels will fit?/??\\\thanx

By the time you have to buy rims AND tires, how much are you going to save over just getting tires mounted on the rims you have?

mazda6gal said:
Do you all know if there is anyway to find out what other wheels will fit or even if the regular 6 wheels will fit?/??\\\thanx

UtesFanRy said:
I looked into this when I got my speed6. I was told that the regular 6 wheels will fit, as long as you use the 17" ones. I don't believe the 16" wheels will clear the brakes.
I dont know but i've heard the 16'' would fit.. i came here to find an answer.. oh well

17" rims with offset ~ 35mm (did a quick measure this evening, but at -20 degrees C I wasn't spending a lot of time outside). Tires are 215/50R17 Dunlop Graspic 2s.

Initially, the tire guy didn't think that they would fit over the calipers. He thought that he might have to go to a 16" wider rim to find appropriate clearance. However, after doing a test fit, he found that the clearance was fine and that there were no rubbing/binding issues.

I have had them on the car for 3 months through all sorts of weather and I have never had a problem with them at all. If I had had more money, I might have gone with Toyo winter tires instead. I have those on the MSP and I love them. The Graspic 2, although rated well, don't feel quite as grippy as the Toyos.

R

Back