Does the Mazda 5 have the same cartridge filter?

GOT

:
WIP
I'm wondering if the Mazda 5 have the same cartridge filter as the 3 and 6 do? I really hope it has the twist on type... please!

On one of the Mazda6 forum out there (I found it through a Mazda3 forum, and can't recall all the links I had to follow to get there), is a step by step conversion over to a screw on filter.

If memory serves me correctly, it was an OEM part that replaced the cartridge assembly.

^it is on mazda6tech.com

the conversion is done by using parts from the 2.0L MZR used in the Mazda3i, funny how Mazda decided to use TWO DIFFERENT OIL FILTER TYPES, for essentially the same engine

Wuster said:
On one of the Mazda6 forum out there (I found it through a Mazda3 forum, and can't recall all the links I had to follow to get there), is a step by step conversion over to a screw on filter.

If memory serves me correctly, it was an OEM part that replaced the cartridge assembly.

that can't be easily done on the mz5 and ms6 due to the fact that they have oil coolers... an european oil filter base will have to be imported to allow a proper conversion (it has provisions for the oil cooler)

TheMAN said:
that can't be easily done on the mz5 and ms6 due to the fact that they have oil coolers... an european oil filter base will have to be imported to allow a proper conversion (it has provisions for the oil cooler)

Ahhh... didn't know that.

THanks for the tip!

TheMAN said:
Interesting. An oil cooler... that's cool... isn't it?

I saw a post somewhere that the adapter off an 2.3 Escape/Tribute will work as those models have the oil cooler and spin on filter. I'll try to remember where I saw it.

thanks for the heads up... the part # for the oil filter mount you'll need is L311-14-311 (same part as used on euro mazda6, previously europe only)

Is there a good reason why Mazda is using the cartridge oil filter? Is there an advatage?

Latest posts

Back