Another XM thread

Mazda_6er

I have xm installed using the FM modulator. In the xm instruction book it states that there is 3 levels of sound quality. The modulator is the middle best and using the tape adaptor gives the best sound.

My 6s has the 6 disc changer and no tape player. Is there any way i can wire up plugs that tap in to the TAPE/MD button that is on the unit? I dont want to spend $160 on the tape player. Can this be done?

how the hell is a tape adaptor, or a fm modulator the best sound. A direct tap from the xm tuner to the stereo is the best sound not the other way around as you state.

Mazda_6er said:
I have xm installed using the FM modulator. In the xm instruction book it states that there is 3 levels of sound quality. The modulator is the middle best and using the tape adaptor gives the best sound.

My 6s has the 6 disc changer and no tape player. Is there any way i can wire up plugs that tap in to the TAPE/MD button that is on the unit? I dont want to spend $160 on the tape player. Can this be done?

Tape player is the WORST quality, your reading it backwards, or they printed it backwards yo

book would have to be wrong if that is what it states... direct is the best for quality... no middle man...

my hu is xm ready, but i know how audio s*** works and as you can see, how the hell is a tape the best quality because if you dont notice its phased out technology so how can it be the best.

ok i have 2 different models of xm recievers and you are telling me they are both printed wrong?

come to think of it i think you guys read my post wrong. I am stating that the book states that the best sound quality of the 3 options given (fm wireless, fm modulator, or tape adaptor) is the tape adaptor.

Last edited:
if anything this day of age, is telling you that the tape adaptor is of the best quality, they are on crack.

come to think of it i think you guys read my post wrong. I am stating that the book states that the best sound quality of the 3 options given (fm wireless, fm modulator, or tape adaptor) is the tape adaptor.

here is the pic.

Attachments

• sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 204
yea maybe of those 3, by why the hell would you do that. Run a direct connection to it or if you cant do it with what you go. Go get a Head Unit with XM Ready and buy the tuner ittle have a direction connection to the head unit and ull love the s*** out of it. Better sound in ur car, easier installation and ull see the song titles and all that s*** rite on the display

out of those 3 options... I guess tape could be best... but I'd go FM just as its easier...

yea since he doesnt have a tape player, and then you wouldnt have to worry about a wire, but there is a slight degrade in quality

thats what i thought. just getting a new head unit for a 6 isnt as easy as you think. just for the custom face plate is $150 then you still have to buy teh unit.

Back